Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18362 Fast Ring

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
March 20, 2019 10:02 am

By Dona Sarkar and Brandon LeBlanc

Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18362 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
If you are looking for a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring – head on over to Flight Hub. You can also check out the rest of our documentation here including a complete list of new features and updates that have gone out as part of Insider flights for the current development cycle (which currently is 19H1).

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

• We fixed an issue resulting in the Connect app crashing on launch for some Insiders.
  • We fixed the issue with Microsoft Store app upates not automatically installing.

Known issues

• Microsoft Store app updates do not automatically install on 18356+. As a workaround, you can manually check for, and install updates via the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”. FIXED!
  • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
  • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
  • Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/03/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18362/#doLlumIXmpgfERm5.97

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Started this last night and it seemed very slow and I have a suspicion it did the old one of going backwards and forwards.
Started again tonight and it is slow going, been stuck on Getting Things Ready %100 for about 20 minutes now.
Thanks, Daniel. Will give it a go tonight. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I was right, it got to about 20% installed and then went back to getting things ready!
Good luck BD.
Thanks, Jasper. These updates can be a pain sometimes. Hope you get it straightened out soon.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It is going to be probably be into tomorrow night before I get it done.
Yeah, the last time the update kept bouncing back and forth it took me all weekend to get it done. Hope it's not that bad this time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I thought they had sorted out those problems a few weeks ago. obviously I was wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Interesting as I haven't tried to update to this version....Thanks Jeff!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I have just paused it until tomorrow night, it is very slow. Been going 5 hours and only at 15% installed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I have just paused it until tomorrow night, it is very slow. Been going 5 hours and only at 15% installed.
Did you get the new update to VMware?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Yes, I got that, a couple of nights ago I think it was.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@Jasper_The_Rasper @Ssherjj @BurnDaddy my 32bit VM updated without issues to this new Build so I will try the 64bit version now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

I have just paused it until tomorrow night, it is very slow. Been going 5 hours and only at 15% installed.Did you get the new update to VMware?

Thanks Daniel! I did not see the new update to VMware. I will check it out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I have just paused it until tomorrow night, it is very slow. Been going 5 hours and only at 15% installed.Did you get the new update to VMware?
Thanks Daniel! I did not see the new update to VMware. I will check it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Okay the 64bit version updated without issues in about an hour!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Daniel, VM update is installing now and after that I'll see if I can update WIU! 🙃

Great to hear your VMs didn't have any issues updating! 🤓
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Daniel Windows Insider has changed a few things in order to use the Windows Insider Previews. They recommend SLOW settings. We are in the Fast Settings right? So we aren't changing that is what I mean.

BTW, The VMWare is updated..whohoo 😎
Well, my PC has been at it since around 5pm and now at 10pm I'm only at 76% and it hasn't moved in a long time. Grrrrrrr 😡

I'm going to call it a night and leave this to, hopefully, finish. We shall see in the morning.

Also, @Ssherjj , I had liked all of the recent posts in this thread using my Android phone only to return here on my PC and find that none of them were marked, so you are correct that there is a bug here in the forum regarding 'Likes' from our phones. 😉

See you all tomorrow.

Goodnight. 😴
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Goodnight @BurnDaddy ,

Thank goodness. Sometimes I just think I am squirrely and it is me. So it is a bug!😂Thank you so much for checking that out BD!

I updated the VMWare and it only took around an hour to install this the WIU Preview. No issues on my Windows 64bit.😊Sorry you and Jeff are having a rough time with this update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

YOUR CRAZY BD! ROFLMHO 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It is updating normally tonight, just slower than normal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well despite what I said last night it has finally updated and smoother than I thought it was going to.
That's good, Jasper. Mine finally finished, too, about an hour after my last post last night. It took around six hours total. Mine went back and forth with the 'getting things ready' and ' downloading' a couple of times but once it started installing it didn't revert, although it did stall out at 76% for a good while.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
It ended up going a lot better than I thought it was going to.