New looking Blog!
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20201 to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
Updates for developers
The Windows SDK is now flighting continuously with the Dev Channel. Whenever a new OS build is flighted to the Dev Channel, the corresponding SDK will also be flighted. You can always install the latest Insider SDK from aka.ms/InsiderSDK. SDK flights will be archived in Flight Hub along with OS flights.
- We’ve fixed an issue where some Microsoft Store games protected by Easy Anti-Cheat failed to launch. Some games may still need to release an update to fully resolve the issue.
- We fixed an issue where the IME mode indicator in the taskbar was indicating that the IME was enabled when it was actually in disabled state.
- We fixed an issue in the last few flights resulting in HDR monitors appearing black when HDR was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where the min/max/close buttons were stuck in their original positions after resizing a UWP app.
- We fixed an issue where SetInputScope wasn’t working if it was called after the app had been initialized.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re investigating reports that the new taskbar experience for pinned sites isn’t working for some sites.
- We’re working on a fix to enable live preview for pinned site tabs.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where pinned sites don’t show all open tabs for a domain. In the meantime, you can fix this by pinning the site’s homepage rather than a specific page (e.g. pin microsoft.com rather than microsoft.com/windows).
- We’re working on a fix to resolve syncing issues in the Mail app with certain mail services.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where Office documents may open blank when opened from File Explorer. If you encounter this issue on this build or Build 20197, the file should render correctly if opened from within the app rather than File Explorer.
- We’re investigating reports of some Office applications crashing or missing after updating to a new build.
- We’re investigating reports of some devices receiving a bugcheck with error code KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION.
- We’re investigating reports of the Settings app crashing when opening Manage Disks and Volumes.
Important Insider Links
You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in builds so far. Not seeing any of the features in this build? Check your Windows Insider Settings to make sure you’re in the Dev Channel. Submit feedback here to let us know if things weren’t working the way you expected.
If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. Please note, there will be a slight delay between when a build is flighted and when Flight Hub is updated.