Any windows 10 users got emails from Microsoft?

• 28 January 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Blame me for possibly be paranoid but did any of the Windows 10 users here get a Microsoft mail asking you to install Onenote by clicking on a link??
Sample screenshots below ( nevermind the lingo that's because i'm using a Dutch OS )

Looks quite legit ( a bit too legit to me :@ ) The one thing that ticks me off is they send you to a link while you can get it from the app store... 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
You are paranoid!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeppers Paranoid! 😃 Free for all devices! https://www.onenote.com/

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Okies if you 2 say i have to cut down on the X-Files stuff for a while then i must believe that. Just the add didn't compute if you can get it from the store without it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Okies if you 2 say i have to cut down on the X-Files stuff for a while then i must believe that. Just the add didn't compute if you can get it from the store without it.

They just restarted the X-Files again so there back and all new!
Badge +8
I vote for paranoia!! That's 3 Edwin. Time to chill out and play in the real world. Cyberspace can drill a hole into your brain and then the cells start to leak out...........
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I guess that when a Gold & a Silver VIP and a fellow expert say the same it's time for me to cut back on the spy cloak & dagger bit for a while... Perhaps a cooking book instead of a spy novel for me then.. I'll leave the IT related books for another time.
Userlevel 7
Nah, you are just plain paranoid...;)
Badge +8
Be on the lookout everyone. Verizon is my internet provider. I received a very official looking message from Verizon.

MSN blocked it but I wanted to check it out. In the body was a Word document alledgedly being an invoice for the purchase of my new Samsung phone (which I never bought).

Then I opened up the FROM box and it read something about verizon services @verizon.forget again.Basicaly the sender and recipient were the same email address. I know so far not much to go on. The topic was all CAPS and read ATTENTION!

When I opened message source, guess what? It came from Asia. Couldn't get that thing off my PC fast enough.

When I tried to forward it to Verizon's cyberspace department, the Verizon word in the body of the message became stretched to about 10 inches and the Office doc disappeared. Then I thought I don't even want this as a sent message. So, the heck with Verizon but I wanted my Webrooters to be on the lookout.

Theresa