Apple announces macOS Monterey, the next Mac desktop operating system

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

Latest macOS release follows on the heels of Big Sur redesign last year.

SAMUEL AXON AND JEFF DUNN - 6/7/2021

In a virtual presentation at the WWDC 2021 conference today, Apple executives outlined the company's plans for macOS Monterey, the latest major software release for the Mac family of computers.

The new name follows Apple's California landmark-based naming scheme for recent macOS releases, dating back to the launch of OS X Mavericks in 2013.

Full Article.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Honestly is it good thing or bad? Dave you don’t sound impressed…

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

True! I guess back to Windows for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

You could still use it without software right?

Userlevel 7

Unbelievable, my 27 inch iMac is going to turn into a 27 inch iPad / iPhone with macOS Monterey. I wish Steve Jobs were alive. He has to be turning over in his grave to what they are doing to his baby lately (Mac). IF I WANTED AN iPad, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE!!!! :rage:  

Userlevel 7

I guess it might be good for people with iPads and iPhones but I guess I’m old school and want a computer that runs like the old computers. 

Userlevel 7

True! I guess back to Windows for you?

That might be true if Apple keeps this stuff up.

I was just reading Logitech software is sweating this new OS upgrade, may not be able to make it compatible. So if I upgrade, there goes my MX Master 2S mouse. 

Userlevel 7

I don’t know right now. I know the mouse lost some functions on the Mac with the upgrade to Big Sur. I don’t know if they got them back as of right now.