Apple releases macOS Catalina 10.15.2, iOS and iPadOS 13.3

• 10 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

Today also brings new software for the Apple Watch, Apple TV, and HomePod.

Samuel Axon - 12/10/2019

As has become a custom, Apple has simultaneously released software updates for nearly its entire suite of consumer products today—including iOS 13.3, iPadOS 13.3, macOS Catalina 10.15.2, watchOS 6.1.1, tvOS 13.3—and an update for HomePods. All updates should be available to all users by the end of the day.

iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3 together make for arguably the most notable update. They introduce yet another feature that was originally pitched by Apple as part of iOS 13 but delayed before that annual update's release this September: Communication Limits in ScreenTime. Parents can now whitelist contacts for their kids' accounts, which allows them to block their kids from communicating with anyone outside the list on Apple-made apps like Messages and FaceTime, with exceptions for emergency calls and services like 911.

Full Article.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Thank you Jeff. :relaxed:

I’ll have to check the Apple / Mac Forums in the next few days to see if all or most of the bugs are fixed with this new upgrade. If so it will be time to move on to macOS Catalina. :wink:

Userlevel 7

I did the upgrade to macOS Catalina 10.15.2. It’s running like a Swiss Watch. OS is faster than the previous system, Mojave. All apps are working properly. I did lose one of my games that hasn’t been upgraded to 64 bit. They also did away with Dashboard when upgrading to Catalina, something I used a lot. Other than that I’m very satisfied with Catalina. :wink:

Badge

I did the upgrade however I am having trouble. When it started up, the SecureAnywhere Icon was a question mark. I tried to re-install and now the icon comes up, but nothing else. I sent in a help ticket.

Userlevel 7

I did the upgrade however I am having trouble. When it started up, the SecureAnywhere Icon was a question mark. I tried to re-install and now the icon comes up, but nothing else. I sent in a help ticket.

Hello @flesher Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

Please wait for Webroot’s reply on your Support Ticket. Webroot will fix the problem on your Mac computer.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.