★★ Apple reportedly charging Mac owners to replace bricked motherboard after macOS 12 Monterey update ★★

• 30 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7

macOS 12 Monterrey has been available since October. However, the update is not getting along with some older Macs models.

Recently, Mac users have been reporting that, after upgrading to macOS 12 Monterey, their computers bricked.

Mac owners being charged by Apple for the repair

Taking into account the above, the old Mac models being bricked after the update to macOS 12 Monterrey was not the fault of the users. Therefore, Apple’s warranty would be expected to cover this problem.

However, some users report that they are being charged by Apple for a repair of their bricked Mac

★★ Full Article ★★

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hmm, with news like this, I think I’ll stick with macOS Catalina as my final upgrade.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@ProTruckDriver That is totally sick! These poor people! Unbelievable!:rage: I’d be taking to small claims court for that insanity!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you for the news @ProTruckDriver ! Now I really want a new Mac!! NOT!!!:scream:

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I will never buy a Mac!

Userlevel 7

I will never buy a Mac!

I don’t believe I would buy another one with that type of Customer Care from Apple. I’m glad I got a great deal on this one I have now. It’s a little old but still working great. I could probably fix that “working great” by upgrading to Monterey and bricking the Mac. ROFLMHO