Apple's Crazy New Patent Approved!

• 24 July 2012
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Alright my technology-obsessed friends...

Looks like Apple is diving head first into their next groundbreaking "project" in the form of TV and 5D tech. That's right, it's no misprint...I said 5D!!! According to a CNET article, "The U.S Patent and Trademark Office granted Apple a patent today for a way to connect human beings to computers using sensors, touch screens, and virtual reality gloves."

So apart from sounding like it came out of quantum physics (how there can even be a fourth dimension?), what does it actually mean? Basically, the patent outlines that this kind of advanced 5D technology can be used for anything from interactive gaming to starting a car by recognition of a particular signature. Crazy cool-sounding stuff. Read the full article by clicking above and let me know what you think!

Cheers,

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
So does that mean Webroot will be the first to have a security product when this comes out? :p

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
So does that mean Webroot will be the first to have a security product when this comes out? :p

TH

I'll bet their working on it. 😃
Userlevel 7
Yegor, this is crazy cool-sounding. Just makes me wonder what will they thing up next. Sometimes I wish I had more years ahead of me so I could witness this advanced technology in the future. Heck I remember when you had to wait 5 minutes for the black and white TV set to warm up before the picture tube went on. lol 😃
Userlevel 7
Thanks TripleHelix and ProTruckDriver for your guys' input!

TH...
If this sort of technology implements internet security in one way or another, I'd like to think we'd try to be the first to hop on it! I see Webroot as the "Apple" of the AV world; we're really doing most of the trendsetting in this industry! :D

PTD...
I too think it sounds crazy cool! While I didn't experience 5 minute warming black and white TV's, the hyper-fast advances in tech baffle me. It seems that just a couple of years ago we were all wowed by the idea of a smartphone and most people were still using flip and slide phones, but look where we are now-smartphones are basically mini-computers today! :S

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this patent and am very interested to see this technology develop!