Apple vs. Samsung: The Drama Continues

• 16 August 2012
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
The recent court battle between the two tech giants has certainly been a buzz-worthy topic for many (tech sites and consumers alike) these last couple of weeks. Who's right, who's wrong, who wins, and who loses, are all questions still unanswered at this point and everyone will have to wait until at least the the of the month before getting a better idea as to who will win the battle. Nevertheless, new evidence and arguments from both sides emerge daily so I thought I'd include two interesting Slashgear articles from earlier today.

The first article suggests that Judge Lucy Koh's patience is reaching it's limit after she was quoted asking Apple if they were "smoking crack" after they presented her a 75 page document in an attempt to call 22 witnesses for rebuttal testimony. While not the most professional way to put it, Koh's words proved to be popular on Twitter according to the article.

The second story focuses on what could be a key piece in the case moving forward. Samsung is bringing the attack in the from of a touchscreen table called the MERL DiamondTouch, a touchscreen table from 2004. More specifically, Samsung is looking towards the "Snap Back" feature of the device, which it claims was invented by MERL (Mitsubishi Electric Research Lab), not Apple.

So I ask you...what do you think about all of this? Who's side are you on? Is this whole case overblown or legitimate? Personally, I like both companies so I'm very interested to see how this all plays out.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!