Apple will release macOS Ventura on October 24

• 19 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Amidst everything else on Tuesday, Apple announced that macOS Ventura will be released to the public on October 24.

The operating system has been available as betas to developers and public testers since the summer. New updates include more continuity features with iPhone and iPad, a multitasking feature called Stage Manager, and more.

The macOS development cycle has been relatively steady since the beginning, with new betas getting released every couple of weeks.

<<< Full Article Here >>>

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I have been using the early developer release for a while , and it seems quite solid. There are a few annoying user interface changes, specifically in system preferences, but I am not seeing and speed issues, and so far (knocking on wood) no crashes. I think this will be a very solid release. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s good to hear! The transition to Big Sur was a nightmare for us. So many things didn’t work. Always dread these big releases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

I agree @kleinmat4103 That we had major major issues with moving to Big Sur, the others, not so much. We are now at the point that we need to start replacing any older Macs that won’t upgrade. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree @kleinmat4103 That we had major major issues with moving to Big Sur, the others, not so much. We are now at the point that we need to start replacing any older Macs that won’t upgrade. 

Same here. Since moving up from Catalina we have had issues both with big sur and Monterey.

However, i now have the bigger concern that a lot of my clients have macs where Catalina was the maximum macOS and now from next year they will have no choice but to buy new macs as many vendors won’t support catalina anymore (if they haven’t stopped already).

I have also so far not seen many issues with the betas of Ventura so fingers crossed it stays a stable release.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As a Windows user, my perception (however wrong it may be) is that Apple churn out more OS releases than I have hot dinners!! Reading the comments above though I feel for you guys having to replace older hardware, i can imagine though if they are mac users in the first place though they are no stranger to the high prices?? Sorry just teasing… 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I hope this doesn’t mean more apple phones and ipads will become obsolete because they can’t take the update!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I hope this doesn’t mean more apple phones and ipads will become obsolete because they can’t take the update!

That is exactly what will happen so they can force people to spend even more money. Microsoft have started doing this more, case and point is windows 11 with them claiming many machines that clearly can run Windows 11 don't meet the minimum spec so people think they need to go out and get new hardware. What about for people who use it just for web browsing and / or office apps? Greed.