Attaching news to ticker?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good morning/ afternoon, I'm not sure how I can attach a news article or security article to our bulletin ticker? Would someone advise me with this know how? Would appreciate if I could learn how to be more involved with bulletins .

Thank you, Always learning today...

Sherry

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Any post in Security Industry News is automatically placed onto the Ticker.  As such, it is important to make sure that you check to make sure that the item has not already been posted.

It is a good idea to not copy/paste the entire article.  Give is a couple of paragraphs with the most important information.  Remember to give credit to the origin of the information as well as a link to the original article.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good morning@DavidP1970, yes that's good information and wouldn't want to duplicate or post whole article.

Thanks
Sherry
Userlevel 7
Morning Sherry :-) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well you know as long as we get security tickers we are being informed and i like this feature that gives us that and more.

Have a great Friday and weekend
Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And if there is a duplicate posted accidentally just let me know and I can combine the threads.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great news!!!
Userlevel 7
Hi Sherry

If I may be as so bold as to offer you some advice...I would suggest that you take a look at a selection of the security-related articles that have been posted and follow them back to their source sites and that should give yo a selection of sites to monitor for news...but also see if yo can find some that are not already frequented by the regular posters.

When you monitor sites check out the whole article that catches your eye as a potential report in the Security News forum in the Community and then ask yourself if it is something that would be of interest to the Community (that you know well).  I am not saying not to post new topics but there has in recent weeks been a trend to post anything and everything remotely security-related...and that sort of dilutes the usefulness of the forum & so the ticker.

It just needs a bit of thought and consideration as to what would be relevant, interesting, useful...etc....and as was said before...do try to avoid duplicates or if you find another article that is worthy, but on a subject for which there is already a thread then just add the new article to that thread...so it sort of becomes a mini repository on the subject.

Hope that helps...:D...and GOOD LUCK as yo are up against a couple of fiendishly fast posters in Jasper & Petrovic...boy, do they know how to post the Security-related news...;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Sir Baldrick., wonderful advice and the competition woykd be great. .lol

Have a nice weekend. .

Sherry
Userlevel 7
Apologies, Sherry...I did not mean to be condencending or patronising to you with regard to posting.:$

Enjoy the hunt for the exclusive Security-related story...but as I said...you will have to be good to get ahead of the master of the art; Jasper & Petrovic. ;)

Have a great weekend yourself.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oh you are awesome i don't take anything you say to be condescending. .Never ever..

No apologies never nneeded..
See you a posting

Thank you, Sherry
Userlevel 7
Hi Sherry

You are too kind...but I know that sometimes I can forget myself...and so if I do then please remind me...;)

Post on...and on...and on :D

Regards

Baldrick