Audi R8 V10 Plus: Like an R8 but better

• 26 August 2013
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Alex Goy wrote:

In 2007 Audi released the R8 supercar. It was years in the making and much anticipated. Audi's high-performance form had been proven time and time again -- at first on the world's rally stages, then on the road with the S and RS (Renn Sport) line of cars. When 2012 rolled around Audi gave the R8 a mild face-lift and a bit more go.
Its face was given a new, brighter set of eyes, its rump got similar treatment -- its indicators are not the coolest on any ever as they don't flash, but flow along the bottom of the rear lights. It's awesome, trust me.
Audi has also fiddled with the engines -- there's a bit more power all around and new model. The new model is called the R8 V10 Plus. Plus, in Audi speak, means "more of everything." The V10 Plus gets 25 more horses than the standard V10, which brings the total to 550. It has harder suspension than the standard car, too, for better cornering and more "hard-core" handling. It'll hit 197 mph and get from zero to 62 mph in just 3.5 seconds. Which is no time at all.
 Read here.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
The V10 also had a nasty habit of going on fire, still a very nice car though!
Userlevel 6
Having had the opportunity to drive the Audi R8 4.2 V8, 5.2 V10, R8 GT V10, and etron, I can tell you that no matter what R8 you drive, you will be amazed.  The V10 is one of my favorite rides, with enough sophistication and power to be just fun and classy all around.  The R8 GT was a bit more than I like to handle on the road, but on the track where it mattered, was awesome and astoundingly fun.  As for the etron, that was....unnerving.  Fun, but no noise freaks me out.  And I love the way an engine organically sounds.