Best email client for Windows? - imho it is Mailbird!!

• 15 March 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
I have myself a few personal and business email accounts which I actively use and manage and hence I always prefer an email client over browser email for email management, unless I had to use some feature provided by email giants like gmail on browser.
Anyways I had tried Outlook, Thunderbirs, Live Mail, Post box express.. till I came across

Mailbird
http://www.getmailbird.com/

Wow! I fell in love instantly. So sleek, elegant, fast. They are new in the field and they are serious about their product, updating features so much like daily. Still in beta and I have been with Mailbird since beginning and they have changed from a simple third party Gmail client to multi account management app, with its own apps (Evernote, Dropbox, Calender, Contacts, etc).

The best feature is its light uncluttered , no ad interface, so easy to the eyes. Almost everything can be controlled with easy Keyboard shortcuts. Composing and attachment is a breeze. The mailbird taskbar is something you will get hooked to due it its compactness and efficiency.

I suggest you must all try it and let me know your opinion.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
I advise you to read:
http://www.getmailbird.com/privacy-policy/
"Mailbird has the discretion to update this privacy policy at any time."
No guarantee of confidentiality)

Unlike giants such as Outlook and Gmail, they will not be able to give the user the same level of security.
Userlevel 7
A very good point, Petr...;) and something that we should all be very wary about...and try to make time to read EULAs, especially when it concerns the use of an apps where privacy is of paramount concern.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Does these Giants protects information of their users?
As a fucntional client Mailbird does performs.
Userlevel 7
Hi dtouch

I do not think that anyone is commenting on whether the app performs but rather as to how secure it is in terms of personal data privacy in what it handles...that is all and as with any new app one needs to be careful/check things out.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Does Thunderbird does anything different regarding privacy?
Userlevel 7
As far as I have read...Yes, but then again it is well establshed and not in beta mode...which  is what Petr was referring to re. the statement, I believe.

Perhaps things will change once it is out of beta?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
I use Outlook. I like it very much. I use Office in both my Win computer and phone. It's much more convenient.:)