Beta 1 of iOS 17 & iPadOS 17 Available to Download (Developer Beta)

• 6 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7

by: Paul Horowitz

Apple has released the first beta versions of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17.

The initial beta releases of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 are available exclusively to users registered in the developer beta testing programs, while public beta versions will be made available in July.

iOS 17 includes new features and refinements to the iPhone operating system including Contact Posters for the Phone app, a NameDrop feature that allows contacts to easily be exchanged like AirDrop, FaceTime video voicemail, live transcripts on standard phone voicemails, interactive widgets, Safari profiles, and more.

⇨⇨ Full Article ⇦⇦

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Good God! Apple is in competition with Microsoft with screw ups!

Whatever you do, don't download the iOS 17 developer beta - Apple made a huge mistake

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

This warning should be made for ANY Beta software. It is dangerous to put Beta Software on any device you rely on for service, and Beta software can have bugs, cause crashes, and can damage saved data. USE CAUTION with any Beta. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There’s a reason it’s called BETA. It’s testing. I only have 1 laptop now so very limited with testing macOS. However I do have 2 phones so always test beta iOS on 1 but test it on my work phone.