Beta 6 of macOS Monterey Released for Testing

• 31 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7

Apple has released the sixth beta version of macOS Monterey for users involved in the testing programs. The sixth beta release comes three weeks after the fifth beta, and is now only one version behind beta 7 of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.

MacOS Monterey has various new features for the Mac, including Facetime screen sharing, Facetime grid view for group chats, changes to Safari tabs and Safari interface, Live Text for text selection in images, Universal Control for using a mouse and keyboard across a Mac and iPad, Quick Notes for apps, Low Power Mode for Mac laptops, Shortcuts app for Mac, and a variety of changes to various apps like Photos, Music, Messages, Maps, and more.

Full Article

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I don’t really use Mac that often. Are betas usually cool and fun or barely notice much?

Userlevel 7

I don’t really use Mac that often. Are betas usually cool and fun or barely notice much?

My Mac is my main computer now. I have never run a macOS beta on it but I have run other beta software programs on the Mac. Even running those betas I barely notice much. If I had another Mac I would probably run macOS beta on one of them. Looking at some of the Mac forums on the internet, macOS betas do run into some bugs that need fixing.