Better?

• 3 February 2019
  • 35 replies

Show first post

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@NicCrockett I'm sorry in time you need to upgrade to Win 10! XP, Vista and Win 7 will be support less next year so it's time to move on and up in the OS department IMO. I loved XP and hated Vista and loved Win 7 but didn't care for Win 8 or 8.1 but been using Win 10 since it came out and even the older builds of Win 10 will not have support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/13853
@TripleHelix, I wouldn't blame Webroot for a failure on Windows XP, I realize it's outdated. This was 3 Windows Server 2012 R2 endpoints and 2 Windows 7 SP1 endpoints. These are up-to-date Microsoft supported operating systems and Webroot's software doesn't work as advertised. There is no excuse why this and other functions shouldn't work on these systems.

I'm just saying I can't see Webroot supporting older OS's indefinitely and the time will come and they will drop support for XP and some other older OS's.

Windows Server 2012 and others: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/lifecycle/search/1163
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I'm just saying I can't see Webroot supporting older OS's indefinitely and the time will come and they will drop support for XP and some other older OS's.

@TripleHelix I agree with you completely and if I could upgrade my entire infrastructure right now I would. However, I don't have a budget for that and even if I did, as a manufacturing facility we are beholden to the technology that our vendors use on their machinery. Some of them refuse to use the latest because they test their software on what they consider to be stable operating systems. Most of these are still using Windows XP. It sickens me, but my hands are tied. Even if I had a budget to replace everything and it was possible to get up-to-date systems, I'd be looking at a minimum of a 5 mil investment. This doesn't mean everything here is out of date, after all I'm writing this on a Windows 10 PC. However, my points still stand. Webroot hasn't worked properly on any system I've ever put it on, including this one. I've never used a piece of software with more bugs. I have had worse support, but Webroots hasn't been especially great. Although, I will give the support rep I'm currently working with props, but unfortunately he's been the exception. The only reason we're still here is because of the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 support. The price doesn't hurt either, but I guess you get what you pay for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I'm just saying I can't see Webroot supporting older OS's indefinitely and the time will come and they will drop support for XP and some other older OS's.@TripleHelix I agree with you completely and if I could upgrade my entire infrastructure right now I would. However, I don't have a budget for that and even if I did, as a manufacturing facility we are beholden to the technology that our vendors use on their machinery. Some of them refuse to use the latest because they test their software on what they consider to be stable operating systems. Most of these are still using Windows XP. It sickens me, but my hands are tied. Even if I had a budget to replace everything and it was possible to get up-to-date systems, I'd be looking at a minimum of a 5 mil investment. This doesn't mean everything here is out of date, after all I'm writing this on a Windows 10 PC. However, my points still stand. Webroot hasn't worked properly on any system I've ever put it on, including this one. I've never used a piece of software with more bugs. I have had worse support, but Webroots hasn't been especially great. Although, I will give the support rep I'm currently working with props, but unfortunately he's been the exception. The only reason we're still here is because of the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 support. The price doesn't hurt either, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Believe me I fully understand as I see many are still using XP in the many Offices and Banks I go into. I'm glad that Webroot still supports XP but for how long?

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Thanks for understanding @TripleHelix. Just curious, do you always like your own posts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Thanks for understanding @TripleHelix. Just curious, do you always like your own posts?
Sure for now as i don't like this new Community Software.........it's like tying one hand behind your back but that's a story for another time as I have been on here for 7 years! 😱
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Understandable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Understandable.
This is me as well: https://community.webroot.com/members/retiredtriplehelix-758
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
You definitely have more time than me. 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
This is me during my Visit to Webroot HQ: https://community.webroot.com/community-101-2/triplehelix-visits-webroot-hq-126332
Userlevel 7
Time flies when you're having fun. 🤣