Solved

Black Settings Menu??? Somebody Help!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
When I touch the upper right verticle 3-dots to bring down the menu, to go into settings, or even bookmark a page... the menu is all black? Can't see it. Why aren't the words lit up??? Help please? I can't figure out how to make all of the words in the drop down menu "VISIBLE!" WTH???

Sincerely Frustrated,
Mrs. Cheyenne Rose Mass
(Email removed for security)

icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 22 March 2019, 15:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
I don't have an answer for you but you might want to take a different screenshot or cover up personal information if possible.
Hello Cheyenne,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The problem you're having is with Webroot's SecureWeb Browser, not the Webroot Mobile Security app. I would uninstall the SecureWeb browser and then reinstall from the Google play store, HERE.

If you're still having issues then I would contact Webroot Support so they can fix this for you.

Hope this info helps,

ps. Your post was edited to remove your personal email address, which as @sealey eluded to, should not be posted in a public forum.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I don't have an answer for you but you might want to take a different screenshot or cover up personal information if possible.

Well thanks for responding Sealey!

There isn't any other screenshot to show the problem. What you see is "Exactly" how it looks... as I said... "menu is all black!" As for covering up personal information...uh... there was none in the screenshot! Don't know what you're looking at hon. This 52yr old lady isn't THAT blind yet Lol. :)

Oh, you must've been talking about my email address under my ending signature (that was apparently removed). Didn't know that was a bad thing. Business letter habit. But okay, thanks.

Hope you have a blessed day!
Hi @Mywebroot1966

The screenshot was also edited because it did, indeed, contain your email address. 😎
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hello Cheyenne,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The problem you're having is with Webroot's SecureWeb Browser, not the Webroot Mobile Security app. I would uninstall the SecureWeb browser and then reinstall from the Google play store, HERE.
If you're still having issues then I would contact Webroot Support so they can fix this for you.

Hope this info helps,

ps. Your post was edited to remove your personal email address, which as @sealey eluded to, should not be posted in a public forum.

Hi Burndaddy! (Cute name) 😉 Thanks for the response! Just tried the uninstall/re-install thingy. Darn it, it didn't work. I'll get in touch with Webroot Support as you've suggested and see if the issue can be resolved. And then you for the "Welcome" at the beginning of your responding post! Very sweet!

Sincerely,
Mrs. Cheyenne

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi @Mywebroot1966

The screenshot was also edited because it did, indeed, contain your email address. 😎

Oohhhhhh! Well i'm just screwing up right and left! Grrrrrr! Guess i'm just too nice of a person! But here's an (out of curiosity) question... why is my "email" a security issue... and my "whole name isn't? " hmmm! Interesting! Im not that...uh...savvy, on all this!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Webrooters,

This issue has become ongoing problem forever with my Samsung Note 8 and I've tried everything to no avail. I barely can see the settings menu. 🤔 Great response @BurnDaddy!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi Ssherjj!

Yep, I've got the same phone. I thought I was the only one with this black menu screen issue! Hope you get yours fixed. 🙂 I'm gonna try calling them tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Ssherjj!

Yep, I've got the same phone. I thought I was the only one with this black menu screen issue! Hope you get yours fixed. 🙂 I'm gonna try calling them tomorrow.

Doesn't that beat all? LOL I thought the same thing myself. I was the only one...Let me know what Support tells you if you get a chance because I believe it was the same information/instructions that @BurnDaddy gave to you. 🙄
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
You got it! Im about to tackle a very large yard cutting the grass & weedeating . Omgawwwd it's gonna be a long day Lol.