Solved

blocking former antivirus

• 16 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
I tried total av and they turned out to be scammers. I don't trust them since they started charging me for things I didn't sign up for. I was suppose to be a free deal. I just wanted to see if I liked them. Now I am worried they may try and get back into my pc without my permission. i did my best to uninstall them. Will WEBROOT block them?
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 16 February 2019, 02:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @HORSESHOES4U and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Webroot will only protect you from Total AV if any of the leftover files are known bad in the Webroot Cloud Database. Submit a Support Ticket and ask them for a security check and they will let you know for sure.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Hi HORSESHOES4U

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just ask, additionally, did you try contacting TotalAV Support (assume that you have seen their uninstall guidance provided HERE when it comes to removal of their software or in any case done what they advise given that it is nothing than the norm)?

It may be worth trying to contact them also since, as TripleHelix has advised, Webroot Support will only deal with malware-related issues, and any concerns about complete uninstallation may be due to your system's configuration and so their help could well be required.

I have had similar problems with McAfee and a couple of other AVs/ISs and it turned out to be incompatibilities between my system & the application in each case...rather than anything underhand or nefarious.

But of course, you are wise to be cautious.

Regards, Baldrick