Solved

Blue screen saying computer is blocked for last 2 mornings, isn't Webroot catching this bug?

• 18 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Virus??I get a blue screen saying my computer is blocked and an alert, isn’t Webroot catching this and what to do?

icon

Best answer by DanP 18 December 2019, 19:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @caabear131 

I believe the best thing to do is send in a Support Ticket. When you send in a Support Ticket a Webroot Log automatically goes to Webroot. They will be able to look over the log and figure out what is happening on your computer.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Virus??I get a blue screen saying my computer is blocked and an alert, isn’t Webroot catching this and what to do?

Hello @caabear131,

What you’re describing sounds like a Screen Locker/Fake Alert. These are usually completely browser based and not due to any sort of infection. You can get rid of it by launching Task Manager (Alt+Ctrl+Del - Task Manager) and then right clicking on the browser process to end it. If that is out of your comfort zone or you still have concerns, Submit a Support Ticket and we can check things over and get the site added to our blacklist. 

-Dan

Badge

Hello @caabear131,

What you’re describing sounds like a Screen Locker/Fake Alert. These are usually completely browser based and not due to any sort of infection. You can get rid of it by launching Task Manager (Alt+Ctrl+Del - Task Manager) and then right clicking on the browser process to end it. If that is out of your comfort zone or you still have concerns, Submit a Support Ticket and we can check things over and get the site added to our blacklist. 

-Dan

I also agree with that !
Trust it or not, that introduction was on the NATO interior system for over 10 years.