Browser Makers Agree to Move Web Documentation to Mozilla's Portal

• 18 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
18th October, 2017  By Catalin Cimpanu

Mozilla, Microsoft, Google, Samsung, and the W3C have agreed today to unify all their documentation sites under one single roof, on Mozilla's MDN portal.

Previously known as the Mozilla Developer Network, the site has been rebranded today as MDN Web Docs, and will house all web standards-related docs, along with cross-browser usage instructions.

The decision came after more than two decades, during which time developers had to run around different documentation sites, in order to understand how web standards worked and how each rendered in each browser. The new MDN Web Docs site will provide all the information users need on basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript commands, but also on the latest W3C Web APIs.

Full Article.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Wow, this is Big News. Go Mozilla!!!!!!!!
Userlevel 5
Absolutely right JP.

The rumors are that update functions have been used by military spies to push hacks into unfriendly countries. I think I read once that Stuxnet (something travelling over separate networks and a brilliant concept IMO) ultimately plugged into operating systems and was 7 Gigs in size! Hats off to those who can put 7 gigs over a sneaker net - that impressed me even though I didn't like the particular usage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Oh man,  I missed this yesterday. Pretty cool!