Can't get emails unless I restart my computer

• 5 April 2014
  • 9 replies

Does anyone know what I can do about receiving new emails?  The only way I can get them is to restart my computer.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi bizzibee,
Can you provide more information about what you're using and the situation?
I use Outlook and have a Google account.  Does that help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Are you sure Outlook is set up properly for Gmail? And which version of Outlook 2007?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi bizzibee

Apologies for butting in here 😳...Daniel is right in that we need more information to help you...but whilst waiting for that I have been doing some research on your behalf and it would appear that this is trending issue, certainly if you use the 2010 version, as evidenced by this MS Support thread that goes through some options for further diagnosis and potential resolution...which might help.  

I do not use MS Outlook at home (only at work) and so am not able to model or check out what is being said but it all looks legitimate to me.

Here is something similar for the 2007 version.  Again, been through the thread and have seen nothing untowards so think that you can review and perhaps find a solution therein?

Well, hope that helps?  But do post back with details of what yo are using...as we might be able to assist you further. :D

Regards

Baldrick
I am using the 2010 Outlook version.  I haven't changed anything to my account since it was installed a year ago so I am perplexed as to why this is happening.
Userlevel 7
Hi bizzibee

Any other events that you can recall or remmeber as happening around the same time as you started to notice this issue?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi bizzibee,

What is your operating system, I mean which version of Windows?
Have you done some Outlook updates recently?

Regards,

Mike
I update to Windows 8.1 in January.  I just started experiencing the email problem about 3 weeks ago.  I haven't made any updates to Outlook but I did create a new email account.  Would that have anything to do with it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes you have to go through the settings again and make sure it set up correctly!  IMAP setup https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en

Daniel