Can Your Home be Hacked? Possibly.

• 24 August 2014
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
By Fahmida Y. Rashid08/23/2014 
http://im.ziffdavisinternational.com/t/pcmag_uk/opinion/c/can-your-home-be-hacked-possibly/can-your-home-be-hacked-possibly_6y9n.640.pngA security researcher looked at the networked device in his home and wondered if hackers could break in. The answer, as it turned out, was yes, and he is just beginning his investigation.
"Before I started my research, I was pretty sure that my home was pretty secure," David Jacoby, a security researcher at Kaspersky Lab, wrote on the SecureList blog on Thursday. Jacoby noted that he didn't really have a lot of high-tech equipment in the first place. His post, while long, is worth a read.
The thing is, you don't need fancy gadgets or high-tech equipment to have a networked home. A typical home has around five devices connected to the local network which aren't computers, tablets or cellphones. We are talking peripherals, such as smart TVs, printers, game consoles, network storage devices, satellite receivers, and media players, just to name a few. And Jacoby found that he had quite a few of those devices on his network.

Full Article

0 replies

Be the first to reply!