Solved

Captcha Problems

• 8 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Why am I having to enter a captcha for every site I visit?  Even when I am on the site and I click on a site link I have to do it again.  It is time consuming and a nuisance.

Any ideas how to fix this?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 9 January 2020, 17:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@dlw73078 ,

This doesn’t sound like a Webroot issue to me. I don’t think I’ve ever run into this while running Webroot Secure Anywhere or the Web-filter extension on chrome. Are you using the Wi-Fi security software? This is a VPN and I suppose this could trigger a websites firewall. If so, try disabling Wi-Fi security (or any other VPN you might be running) and see if you get different results.

You are getting this for every site you visit? Or is it a select few? 

Do you perhaps have some extensions on your browser that could be causing this? Maybe try disabling some of them and see if your results change.

-Keenan

Badge +1

No VPN on my computer. And not necessarily every site but any site that isn’t considered social media that I need to use a user id to sign into.  Ie, my bank - which I can’t sign into because it times out, Wayfair - I use this for business, my payroll website, my billing website and some manufacturer websites I access daily.  So basically anything that is important for me to do day to day operations. 

I have already cleared my cache, browsing history and extensions.  Unfortunately this all started after I installed Webroot.

Don’t get me started on not being able to download either.  I have to turn webroot completely off to download anything now from a website. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @dlw73078 and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA as something could of gotten corrupted and if you have any other security running please shut them down before doing a reinstall. Before uninstalling can you tell me the version number that you are using at this time? Is it v9.0.27.49 as some have issues with this version so the clean reinstall will put you back to v9.0.26.61 which works very well.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,