Solved

component installation failed

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
MBP, mid '09 I think, El Capitan just installed a few days ago. When WRSA - ISC begin a scan, it gives me a "Component Installation Failed" or something to that effect (it fades out quickly). It tells me to contact Help if continues. It does continue.

I checked for failed update by forcing an update check: it assures me that I have the latest app.

Webroot is on the accept list, on the Mac system Firewall.

Ideas?
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 13 March 2019, 02:04

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @fidelis Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

I would do a Uninstall / Reinstall of WSA. That usually solves most problems:

Uninstall WSA on Mac Computer

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled.

Reboot the Computer

To install the Mac software:

1. Click here to download the SecureAnywhere installer to your Mac.
  2. Double-click wsamac.dmg to open the installer.
  3. Drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder.
  4. In the first activation window, enter your keycode and click Activate.
  5. If prompted, confirm the installation by entering your Apple system password and click OK.
  6. Let WSA complete the scan
If that does not solve the problem Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Greetings Dave - I think the new install solved the problem. No more notices, after various kinds of activity, so I guess it is satisfied now. I'm wondering if the problem came from an OS upgrade, which Webroot somehow could not get adapted to. Anyway, problem solved - Thank you!

Since I've got your attention, however, and I see you're a Mod, let me say I was not happy with the attempt I made to call and get help for this issue by phone. I submitted the problem via a support ticket initially, and got the response that I needed to call. So I called, and was asked if I was over 65 or some age, I said yes and instead of Webroot support I got an offer regarding a health alert. I was not looking for health alerts - I was looking for Webroot support.

So I hung up, and called back, this time I said no to the age question, and was directed to some other offer (I don't remember what, but I was looking for Webroot support, and nothing else). So I hung up and my only option left was this forum. This was my first negative with Webroot, and I was irritated by it.

Just thought I'd mention it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @fidelis and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

We Mods in Gold are just members of the Community and have been helping users for many years and we are not Webroot Staff. But I will ping a couple of Webroot Staff to look into your complain as it sounds very odd to me and they will reply during the day MDT time. @LLiddell @freydrew

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Greetings Dave - I think the new install solved the problem. No more notices, after various kinds of activity, so I guess it is satisfied now. I'm wondering if the problem came from an OS upgrade, which Webroot somehow could not get adapted to. Anyway, problem solved - Thank you!

Since I've got your attention, however, and I see you're a Mod, let me say I was not happy with the attempt I made to call and get help for this issue by phone. I submitted the problem via a support ticket initially, and got the response that I needed to call. So I called, and was asked if I was over 65 or some age, I said yes and instead of Webroot support I got an offer regarding a health alert. I was not looking for health alerts - I was looking for Webroot support.

So I hung up, and called back, this time I said no to the age question, and was directed to some other offer (I don't remember what, but I was looking for Webroot support, and nothing else). So I hung up and my only option left was this forum. This was my first negative with Webroot, and I was irritated by it.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Sounds like you spoke to someone else, we have no reason to ever ask for someone's age, and we have no products regarding "health alerts". Please make sure you are calling our official support line (1-866-612-4227).
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
LLiddell -
I checked the call history on my phone - the number I called was
1-877-612-4227 - called twice - the number posted on the last "ticket" response I got from Webroot.

The call was answered by a recording, speaker identifying as "Webroot", and I was asked to press one number or the other, one if 65 or over, the other if not.
I tried each one in turn - (thus two calls to that number) - neither gave me actual support, only a pitch for, as I wrote, a medic alert system, and the other a pitch for something else, I don't remember - but neither option connected me with Webroot support.

As I said, this was very irritating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
You posted 1-877, and the correct number is 1-866, perhaps this is why?
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
But as I wrote above, that was the number that Webroot Support Ticket sent me! (Mar 11, 2019 19:34)

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
So you're right, I imagine they got their numbers mixed up. I tried calling the 1-877 number just now and it is certainly not legitimate. I'll present this to the support leadership to make sure we are only giving out the correct 1-866 number.

My apologies for the mix-up, and thank you for helping us get to the bottom of the issue.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Please don't tell me that Webroot got hacked....
As I said, the call was answered by "Webroot" - did they do this when you just called?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
We have not been hacked, this is likely a scam organization that spoofed our number by changing two digits. I sent you a private message so I can get more info.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Please don't tell me that Webroot got hacked....
As I said, the call was answered by "Webroot" - did they do this when you just called?

Support just made a mistake by giving you the wrong number and were sorry about that and I'm sure Lara will get it corrected for future reference. 1-866-612-4227 is the correct Webroot Support number! See here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Technical Support
Submit a ticket
Call 1-866-612-4227
Badge +5

OH MY