Computer restarts when told to shutdown

• 24 July 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi,
My computer restarts about 15 seconds after I shut it down. I believe this is it rebooting after a crash, which seems to be happening at shutdown. I can not find out why it is crashing as this a brand new machine. Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ALEEF02,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue.Would you please do a uninstall/clean install of Webroot? To see if this is a Webroot issue or not.
• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
• Be sure you have or add your Keycode to your Online Console HERE although one does not need to add it just yet.
• KEEP the computer online during the install to make sure it works correctly
Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE). 
• Install with the new installer, entering your Keycode when prompted to do so in the install process
• Let it finish it's install scan
• Reboot

If you still have issues then you can always Submit a Support Ticket which is free of charge with a Webroot subscription.
Or you can call:
Mon - Fri 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (MST)
Tel: https://tel:+18666124268

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 3
I am pretty sure that Webroot is not the problem, as I used it for two years on my first computer. Also, uninstalling and reinstalling did some weird things to Webroot on my old computer, so I don't want to do that unless completely necessary
Userlevel 7
Hi ALEEF02

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Would you be able to explain what you mean when referring to "...did some weird things to Webroot on my old computer" as we may be able to assist with that as well and so deal with both at the same time?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 3
When I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, lots of the programs features stopped working like right click to scan and updating the program. But I don't use that computer anymore so it's fine.
Userlevel 7
Hmmmm, well that does not sound good at all. So have you ever tried an unistall on your current computer?