Conflicts with Windows Store?

• 6 July 2014
  • 9 replies

Has anyone found that installation of Webroot breaks the internet connection for Windows Store, along with some specific apps such as Netflix?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome DrHideplank, can you explain further your issue here as stated?

@ wrote:
Has anyone found that installation of Webroot breaks the internet connection for Windows Store, along with some specific apps such as Netflix?
I haven't heard of this conflict as such, what operating system are you using and what version of WSA?
Maybe @ or  can assist here...Are you guys available?

Let me research this and hopefully we can address this issue. Please be patient until one of our Forum Members can help here!

Have you checked Windows Firewall or used WSReset.exe?  Could this be a Windows update issue and not WSA?

Regards,
Userlevel 6
Welcome to the community @ !
Did you lose connection for all of your apps that connect to the internet? I ask this because you mentioned netflix. I too will do some research  It would help us if we you could please give us more details.
Userlevel 7
Hi DrHideplank

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have to say that I run WSAC on both a desktop system (Win7) & a tablet (Win8.1 U1) and in both cases have had no issues with access to the Windows Store.  In terms of other apps I think that as stated previously we will need specifics of OS level and apps/versions, etc. before we can provide any useful assistance.

In the case of Netflix, on the tablet, I did have trouble but not after the installation of WSA but rather the update to Win8.1 Update 1 after which, I believe, the Netflix app would not complete loading of films.  I resolved the issue by Googling the error code reported and identified that it was a common problem that requires a manual Registry 'tweak' to resolve...and I suspect that it was indeed the Update 1 update that causeed the issue as there would be no reason for WSA to be doing anything in relation to the Registry entry concerned.

But that is just my experience...so while I hope that it assists in some way...more information please. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Hi, and thanks for the start on this issue.  It is appearing hat the issue may indeed by the WIN8 update, as I had WSA installed prior and had no problems.  I recently re-upped the subscription and reinstalled WSA  - thus leading me to think it was a WSA firewall issue of some sort.

I have tried the reset command option with no results.  I am running WIN8.1 on an HP Ultrabook.  So far, the only two apps that insist I have no internet connection are WIN Store (error: 0x80070005) and Netflix (error:  b2-n104).

No, just WIN Store and Netflix as far as I can tell.  Error codes are listed as Store (0x80070005) and Netflix (b2-n104).
Thanks! I have enumerated the error codes under BB97 and Baldrick....
Userlevel 7
Hi DrHideplank

Looks like your Netflix issue could be due to you having too little bandwidth reaching your device, and recommendation is that you turn off all other draws from your router and then retry the device. Now to me that seems extreme but perhaps you could try switching off any not normally used device that is still connected, and see if a proigressive approach along those lines get you back connected?

With regards to the WIndows Store-related issue take a look here, and I would stick to MS forums for help as it looks like a well documented issue therein.

Do let us know how yo get on and what the eventual solution proves to be whether it involves WSA or not.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I have no issues and with Netflix and make sure you use Silverlight under Playback Settings at Netflix as I find HTML5 doesn't work well and in some cases not at all.

HTH,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hi, and thanks for the start on this issue.  It is appearing hat the issue may indeed by the WIN8 update, as I had WSA installed prior and had no problems.  I recently re-upped the subscription and reinstalled WSA  - thus leading me to think it was a WSA firewall issue of some sort.

I have tried the reset command option with no results.  I am running WIN8.1 on an HP Ultrabook.  So far, the only two apps that insist I have no internet connection are WIN Store (error: 0x80070005) and Netflix (error:  b2-n104).

Hi @ !

Do you receive updates automatically or do you download yoursel? Regardless, you can manualy check for updates. Check to see if you have any updates pending.

The windows store error is a permissions issue. The link that @ gave you should resovle that.

There is also another solution in the Windows Club that you can find  here .

You may also want to check for any integrety errors by opening a command prompt (administrator) and type in SFC /scannow and press enter.

Please let us know if you have solved the issues.

Hope to see you here again in the community!