Creating a “Save as PDF” Keyboard Shortcut in MacOS Ventura

• 7 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7

by: Paul Horowitz

If you work with a lot of PDF files, you’d probably appreciate having the ability to press a keyboard shortcut to save files, webpages, and documents as PDF files on the Mac. You can set that up rather easily, and we’ll walk through the process.

If you have long been using the old trick to create a Save as PDF keyboard shortcut and recently updated to MacOS Ventura, you may have noticed your old keyboard shortcut doesn’t work anymore. This is because Apple has renamed the menu title for the action, so if you’re using the old keyboard shortcut it will not register. But with a little adjustment you’ll be able to use the Command+PP trick again for saving as PDF in no time.

★★ Full Article ★★

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for posting. Save as PDF has always been such a useful tool.
I haven't actually used it yet in Ventura though since I upgraded but this’ll come in handy

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

This is a great tip. I have always printed pages and used save as PDF there, but this will best much easier now. Cheers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Well, maybe not!!! I just tried the instructions he gave and it did not work.  It simply opened the print dialog as it usually does, and the second hit of “p’ just chained. Oh well….

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Ok, I fixed it. On Monterey, leave off the three dots “...” in the name, and then it works. I looked at the date of the article you quoted and it was quite old. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ll have to try this and let you know how I get on.