Cumulative Update KB4103721 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.48

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Cumulative Update KB4103721 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.48
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4103721/windows-10-update-kb4103721

Direct download links for KB4103721 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog:
x86
http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2018/05/windows10.0-kb4103721-x86_93b268f5fa2be340052efc8f6a0cfa84a750f871.msu
x64
http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2018/05/windows10.0-kb4103721-x64_fcc746cd817e212ad32a5606b3db5a3333e030f8.msu

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you again Petr!

My Alienware is being blocked from this update by Microsoft. Awaiting for a patch from Microsoft before the end of May. That's what I hear. The update to 1803 failed with errors when it first came out. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Cumulative Update for other builds
1709 - https://support.microsoft.com/kb/4103727
1703 - https://support.microsoft.com/kb/4103731
1607 - https://support.microsoft.com/kb/4103723
1511 - https://support.microsoft.com/kb/4103728
RTM - https://support.microsoft.com/kb/4103716
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Fabulous! Mucho Gracias Petr! :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I got my update via Windows Update for 1803!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:

That is not fair. @ I have an Alienware too! baww

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

I got the same with my new Alienware 17R5 but I'm going to do a clean reinstall of the new build 1803 on it tomorrow as I installed my new SSD's and just installed 1803 for testing without any issues so far then I will do another clean reinstall of 1803, but on my Alienware 17R2 I had no issues updating to the spring Build 1803!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

I got the same with my new Alienware 17R5 but I'm going to do a clean reinstall of the new build 1803 on it tomorrow as I installed my new SSD's and just installed 1803 for testing without any issues so far then I will do another clean reinstall of 1803, but on my Alienware 17R2 I had no issues updating to the spring Build 1803!
Thank you for explaining all that. Because I was wondering about how you got that update on your Alienware 17R5. Hope all goes well with your clean install tomorrow! New SSD's is pretty cool! Let me know the Benchmarks on that setup. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Thank you for explaining all that. Because I was wondering about how you got that update on your Alienware 17R5. Hope all goes well with your clean install tomorrow! New SSD's is pretty cool! Let me know the Benchmarks on that setup. :D
 Sure thing! 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ @,

Well I'll be danged...I finally after months have got this Microsoft Windows update v1803 installed with Windows Assistant on my Alienware 17R4. I was sweating bullets because of everything I have read that this update can cause alot of havoic. So far I just had to fix my Wireless Network by putting in my password to connect. And then there is an update to NVidia drivers. Night time was turned on so I turned it off. So I hope nothing goes wrong with installing this update. ALOT of Alienware users will be excited knowing they can get the v1803 on their computers after so many of them complaining about this issue on Answers.Microsoft Forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
@ @,

Well I'll be danged...I finally after months have got this Microsoft Windows update v1803 installed with Windows Assistant on my Alienware 17R4. I was sweating bullets because of everything I have read that this update can cause alot of havoic. So far I just had to fix my Wireless Network by putting in my password to connect. And then there is an update to NVidia drivers. Night time was turned on so I turned it off. So I hope nothing goes wrong with installing this update. ALOT of Alienware users will be excited knowing they can get the v1803 on their computers after so many of them complaining about this issue on Answers.Microsoft Forum.

Awesome it's about time! I did a clean reinstall of 1803 on my 17R5 so I didn't have any issues and it continues to run great!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ @,

Awesome it's about time! I did a clean reinstall of 1803 on my 17R5 so I didn't have any issues and it continues to run great!
I did have to uninstall/reinstall the Gadjets to get my HUD Clock back! LOL I am really excited that I did not have to do a clean reinstall. Windows Assistant took care of that WU but I did clear the Cache in the Windows update folder first. ;)

As I hear from you, all things are flying with that 17R5 that you got! 😃 Time for a Performance Test!
I haven't run into any issues on multiple PCs, other than having to relogin to wifi on one or two. Oh, and some privacy settings were reverted on all of them that I had to disable again - One, was to allow access to contacts and the others, to allow access to Documents, Photos and Videos (That's a new one. Turned ON by DEFAULT. Do those guys have balls, or what.):@
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I haven't run into any issues on multiple PCs, other than having to relogin to wifi on one or two. Oh, and some privacy settings were reverted on all of them that I had to disable again - One, was to allow access to contacts and the others, to allow access to Documents, Photos and Videos (That's a new one. Turned ON by DEFAULT. Do those guys have balls, or what.):@
Really BD? I'll have to go check these out! Thanks for the information!:D

@ you are right which I had no doubt. All these are turned on by Default! Yikes!
Another new one is 'Activity History.'

"Let Windows collect my activities from this PC" is also checked by default. After further inspection it looks my location and access to 'Tasks' was also turned on again. :@

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Another new one is 'Activity History.'

"Let Windows collect my activities from this PC" is also checked by default. After further inspection it looks my location and access to 'Tasks' was also turned on again. :@

Well now we can't find you if you turn off your location and recent activities! LOL I guess I'm fixing those too. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ @ yea it's a pain to update to the next major version and you have to reinstall some apps like Sherry said and check the settings again. But just think how many out there that don't know about all these privacy settings within Windows 10. 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ @ yea it's a pain to update to the next major version and you have to reinstall some apps like Sherry said and check the settings again. But just think how many out there that don't know about all these privacy settings within Windows 10. :@
That's too scary to think about because it would be a heck of a lot of people who wouldn't even know or have any clue where to start.

You're right Daniel!:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Yes it's crazy! During a clean install of 1803 at least you can turn off all that stuff, but I do recheck my settings after each monthly update just in case!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Yes it's crazy! During a clean install of 1803 at least you can turn off all that stuff, but I do recheck my settings after each monthly update just in case!
True that is a good thing to do a clean install. To be honest I never thought to check my Privacy Settings until BD mentioned it. They were all changed. Crap! Why does Microsoft do that? 😠
Userlevel 7