Solved

Cyberlink's Power2Go Un-Install problems

Userlevel 3
Hey Guys and Gals :)

I am very familiar with o/s for windows through XP Home addition so I'm not exactly new to this...  I am however fairly new to Windows 7 and that is what my laptop came with.

Ok... That being said, I am using (Add and Remove Programs) to un-install the Power2Go program and it is giving me the following message...  "The installation source for this program is not available.  Verify that the source exists and you can access it.  C:WindowsInstallere393c.msi"

note:  the directory c:windowsinstaller actually does not exist on my harddrive and cannot find any such file with search.

I am wondering if there is an easy way to completely remove this program safely without manually going through my registry and deleting every key that refers to Power2Go after manually deleting the program files from my hd.

Thanks for you help in advance guys and gals.
icon

Best answer by pegas 24 July 2013, 14:19

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
I would suggest you to instal P2G again and uninstall then. It seems that some strings/files might be corrupted.

It is a genuine proved workaround.
Userlevel 3
Thank you pegas,

I will try that but the install does not create the directory c:windowsinstall to place the file there.  I appreciate the suggestion though and I will definately try that as it would definately be worth a shot as a quick fix... crossing fingers ... and thank you for the quick response... kudos!
Userlevel 7
You're welcome Robert :D

After reinstallation go to Add/remove and search for P2G entry and uninstall. You might be also interested in third party uninstallation tools like Revo Uninstaller that is BTW very smart and thorough uninstaller (cleans remnant files and registry entries).
Userlevel 3
Revo Un-Installer ... Very Nice! sounds like exactly what I have been looking for.   Thank you very much for the recomendation 🙂
Userlevel 5
The original installer (e393c.msi) (probably used by the Vendor you purchased the laptop from) was installed from the mentioned directory (C:WindowsInstaller). It seems to be missing parts that it needs for it to uninstall, which is why it's calling it's original installer at the location it was installed from. Since that location no longer exists the uninstall proces had given up on finding it and is currently asking you to provide that file.

I'm guessing that your laptop came with a CD-ROM that will contain that exact file. in case pegas' suggestion doesn't work (doubt it, but still) search the CD-ROM for "e393c.msi" and provide that location to the uninstaller.

Let us know if you were able to clear up your issue.
Userlevel 3
Hello jgouverneur,

Thank you for the suggestion and you are prob. right about the source of the installation.  I did however take pegas' advice and used the "Revo Un-Installer" program to completely remove the files and registry entries made by the installation.  He was spot on with his advice and I am a new fan of that utility.  I highly recommend it for cleaning up poorly written un-install routines.

Thanks again everyone for responding so quickly to my distress call.  As I have said before... Great bunch of people here and glad to be a part of your community!
Userlevel 7
@ - Thanks for the kind words! :robothappy:

We really do have a great bunch here and we hope to see you stick around!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi again UncleBob I use the full Paid version of Revo Uninstaller Pro it is a very good tool to have I'm Glad it worked for you.

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Hello Mike,

Yes I definitely will be sticking around... I have recently had some nightmare issues with online credit card shopping which is in part why I am shopping for pc security software.  I am VERY PLEASED with your product and will be purchasing the full $60.00 version after the 1st of the month most likely from a retail store like Best Buy.  Thank you for the kind words though and keep up the good work man, you got a great team here.  I am sure you appreciate them 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello jgouverneur,

Thank you for the suggestion and you are prob. right about the source of the installation.  I did however take pegas' advice and used the "Revo Un-Installer" program to completely remove the files and registry entries made by the installation.  He was spot on with his advice and I am a new fan of that utility.  I highly recommend it for cleaning up poorly written un-install routines.

Thanks again everyone for responding so quickly to my distress call.  As I have said before... Great bunch of people here and glad to be a part of your community!
Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. :D Using Revo, you can't be a stranger, just be sure to check all remnant files and registry entries before you delete them to avoid later suprise. My experience is that Revo is safe to use, I had only one issue when I was uninstalling the old version of eDrawings because the new version was installed to the same directory and Revo got confused because in one main directory there were in fact two versions. Nevermind, uninstalled the both and installed the correct one. Apart this hiccup I never had an issue with Revo and I trust it for many years.
Userlevel 3
Hey Pegas,

It worked great for me.  I did have to use the advanced un-install procedure but not intimidated by it editing the registry as I have done that manually many times.  It just made it much easier by identifying all of the keys for me saving me several hours of - find next - or wearing out my F3 key :)  Thanks again for the referral to Revo and I love it!  Have a great day!
Userlevel 3
Hey Pegas,

Another software question for you if you don't mind... I am looking for a DVD authoring software that is quick and easy but has quality results.  I am currently using Nero 11 and it is just so resource hungry and takes up a buttload of disk space.  I only need something that you can import an AVI to and burn down and dirty ya know.  I have plenty of software that will deal with data and music so all that extra stuff in Nero is just overkill.  Appreciate any suggestions you may have... Thanks
Userlevel 7
I have successfully been using Ashampoo Burning Studio Free (v6.84 is the latest build) for ages. It's free and fulfills all my needs as regards DVDs and CDs copy, burning etc.

You can have a look here for more information and download.
Userlevel 3
Right on ... will give it a day in court... thanks for the tip