"Defrag Tools" on MSDN

• 6 March 2013
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies
I happened to stumble across this show earlier today.  The audience it appeals to is hardcore techies - mostly those who do a lot of troubleshooting.  Naturally, this is relevant to my interests.  Probably, many of our more technical Community members will enjoy it as well, so I'd like to share it with you.

These episodes are deep dives into advanced troubleshooting tools, so you'll want to start off with a very solid understanding of computer software and hardware to get the most out of it.  In order to get the most (or maybe anything) out of this, you will definitely need to be an "advanced user" or beyond.

I'm slowly working my way through some of these episodes myself.  These guys really are "jedi masters."  The amount of knowledge they've managed to cram into these roughly 30 minute long episodes is phenomenal.  I'd recommend this to any technically proficient people looking to gain a deep, technical understanding of computers and particularly those who want do some deep-level troubleshooting.

The first episode starts you off in creating your "lightsaber" as they put it - a USB drive full of wonderfully useful troubleshooting tools.  Subsequent episodes will cover all sorts of these lovely tools - everything from ProcDump to WinDbg to MsConfig to Process Explorer, and the list goes on and on.

If you're into troubleshooting computers, give this show a viewing or two.

Defrag Tools on MSDN Channel 9

If you like it, leave a comment in this topic.  It's great to get to know who around the Webroot Community is into this sort of thing.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
I am going to be checking this out!