Solved

Deleting files

• 17 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I have Webroot for a few years and now all of a sudden I can’t delete any files from a memory card.  The only choice for deletion is through Webroot when I right click.  It asks me if I want to “permanently erase with Webroot”.  When I choose “yes” nothing happens….

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 17 June 2020, 22:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Rchalecki 

Maybe it’s not Webroot? If you don’t need the files on the Memory card then try to Format it as that is what I would do.

Right Click on the Memory Card and click on Format!

HTH,

It is Webroot because I used to use Windows Explorer to right click on a file and the delete choice would appear.  This is a memory card that I use with a trail camera and I don’t always want to delete all the photos.

Webroot gives me the choice to delete a file, but it doesn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

It is Webroot because I used to use Windows Explorer to right click on a file and the delete choice would appear.  This is a memory card that I use with a trail camera and I don’t always want to delete all the photos.

Webroot gives me the choice to delete a file, but it doesn’t work.

Then Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to look into it for you.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.

Thanks,

Problem solved.  It seems that the memory card went into the secure data mode without the switch being operated.  I used a different memory card and everything worked fine.