Did you reserve Win 10?

Userlevel 7
Hi,

I am pretty excited as Win 10 launch date is getting nearer. I have reserved myself a copy and I wonder if anybody here in the forum did the same. :D

Best Wishes,
Amit

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Yes...sure did! Even though I went back to Windows 7 after trying 8/8.1, I think 10 is going to be fine. Have a good weekend!  RR
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well I am beginning to wonder if I should or not and jump onto the band wagon.
Userlevel 7
I have, Amit, but I will make **bleep** sure that I make and then carefully save a full image of my Win7 installation before I take the plunge and upgrade.

In my book the MS offer is too good to miss but there is no harm in taking precautions especially as I do not think that there is a way back to one's previous installation if thing go wrong/one is not happy with Win10.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I have back ups of my current 8.1. So if I find I do not like W 10 I will have to do a reinstall, I assume that will be possible.
When W 8 was released I was tempted to revert back to W 7 but found that it wass not the easiest the easiest thing to do so stuck with 8.
Userlevel 7
Well, I may have to stand corrected as I have just found this thread over at the MS Forums which suggests that one can roll back from the Win10 Preview, so hopefully that will be the same for the release version...but I am not going to be counting on it.

Still makes sense to do that full image if one can...just in case.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well I have reserved myself a copy but I will have to do a little bit of looking to se what happens about the media player and all the music I have on it because W 10 does not support Media Player as far as I am aware.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well Win 10 Pro has Windows Media Player but maybe not for the UK version?

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Windows Media Center is no more for Win 10 though. http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-media-center-gets-laid-rest-wont-appear-windows-10
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well I am on W 8.1 Pro so I would hope that it will be included over here as well.
If it isn't I think it is a huge mistake for MS to exclude it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Do you have it now with Build 10240? I would assume it will show up here after it's release. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/download-windows-media-player
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
As you say Daniel, Media Centre is now history but Media Player is as far as I can make out still included.