Dropbox users, beware -- iOS 8 breaks automatic backup of photos and videos

• 17 September 2014
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
By Brian Fagioli  Posted on 9/16/2014

Generally, I am a rather mellow guy, but there is one thing that makes me stressed and paranoid -- photo backups. Yes, I am one of those guys that spends more time taking pictures of his life than actually living it. While I enjoy taking the photos, I also take great pride in my organizing and backing up of these precious family memories.
While I do not trust the cloud to be my sole source of backup, I use it for redundancy purposes. If a hard drive fails or is ruined in a fire or flood, I can be sure that my memories are retrievable. Dropbox is a great option for backups, but if you are an iOS user, you must be cautious. You see, if you upgrade to iOS 8 tomorrow, you will be hit by a nasty bug, which breaks the Dropbox automatic backup of photos and videos. This could be disastrous from a backup perspective.
 "We've discovered that Apple's new iOS 8 introduces a compatibility issue that may prevent current versions of Dropbox and Carousel from uploading photos and videos that aren't in the 'Recently Added' album, a new iOS 8 feature. We're in touch with Apple and are working together to resolve this quickly so you can keep using Dropbox the way you always have", saysDropbox.

betanews/ full article here/ http://betanews.com/2014/09/16/dropbox-users-beware-ios-8-breaks-automatic-backup-of-photos-and-videos

0 replies

Be the first to reply!