Early Windows 10 Technical Preview builds are expiring -- here’s what to do

• 30 April 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Windows Insider Program | Before you install | How-to | Windows Feedback app | Forums

Hello, Windows Insider –

It's Gabe again from our Operating Systems Group (OSG) with more updates on the Windows Insider Program. Since my last email to you, we've released our Music Preview and Video Preview apps which you can download here.

Another highlight is Microsoft Edge (Project Spartan), available now in the latest builds. For more details, go here. Check out exciting new features like built-in Cortana, ink capabilities, Reading List and Reading View. And let us know what you think. We're listening!

In fact, Insider feedback has become so valuable to our engineering process, we’ve decided to rename "Windows 10 Technical Preview" to "Windows 10 Insider Preview." It’s the same OS as before. The new name simply reflects that we will continue to offer Insider builds of Windows even after we release Windows 10 to the general public.

Tips & Tricks

For those of you on older desktop builds (9841, 9860 and 9879), you should have already received Windows notices that these builds expired on April 15 and that the builds will not boot as of April 30. If you have not already done so, download the latest ISO File from the Insider download site and perform an upgrade. If your PC will not boot, then you will need to create bootable media and do a clean install of the latest build. One of our Community MVPs has created a nice wiki article with links to the download and also how to create bootable media. And heads up: For 9926, 10041, 10047 the certificate expires in October.

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052 USA

Daniel ;)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
My Windows 10 VM as of this morning has refused to do anything. Was working fine last night, now its just a pretty slide show generator :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Really my Win 10 Preview x64 will not update to 10074 so I will have to download and install over top! 32bit installed fine.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Mine was so bad that I used a snapshot which brought me back to 9926! Now onto the latest build 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Nice download speed! 56k modem! :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Well I had a wierd VLAN bug with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQjJoKGj_uw

All I did was change the VLAN ID in the virtual switch manager and I got a blue screen loop!