Elon Musk wants to merge man and machine with Neuralink

• 28 March 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
The SpaceX and Tesla founder wants to prepare humans for the rise of artificial intelligence by helping us merge with computers

Tuesday 28 March 2017  By Liat Clark   Elon Musk is attempting to combat the rise of artificial intelligence with the launch of his latest venture, brain-computer interface company Neuralink. Little is known about the startup, aside from what has been revealed in a Wall Street Journal report, but says sources have described it as “neural lace” technology that is being engineered by the company to allow humans to seamlessly communicate with technology without the need for an actual, physical interface. The company has also been registered in California as a medical research entity because Neuralink’s initial focus will be on using the described interface to help with the symptoms of chronic conditions, from epilepsy to depression. This is said to be similar to how deep brain stimulation controlled by an implant helps WIRED Health 2017 speaker Matt Eagles, who has Parkinson’s, manage his symptoms effectively. Full Article

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Very interesting Jasper..I don't hear much about Artificial Inteligence.

It is quite amazing and to me somewhat frightening. But ir sounds like Artificial Intelligence can help the medical fields. And looks like it'll be a big part of mankind in the near future...

it's already occuring isn't it? :D            
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Very interesting Jasper..I don't hear much about Artificial Inteligence.

It is quite amazing and to me somewhat frightening. But ir sounds like Artificial Intelligence can help the medical fields. And looks like it'll be a big part of mankind in the near future...

it's already occuring isn't it? :D            
We all be assimilated soon enough 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
That's what's frightening. ..
Userlevel 7
Will never happen...the guy is getting too big for his own boots. That is the problem with these sort of ego maniacs...they never know when to stop/how far to go...LOL!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well that's soothing to hear! 😉
Userlevel 6
this sounds a little too much like star trek but really i do not think we will see this, seems like a fanatic too much too soon
@ wrote:
        We all be assimilated soon enough ;)

:D

BD
Userlevel 7

Userlevel 1
Yes, I'm already looking forward to my bots dominating the world. Bwahahahahahaha