Email Security Services?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We are looking to change email security providers and am curious what others are using.

We are considering Proofpoint and Mimecast as options, but are open to other suggestions. Anyone love the email security vendor they use?

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@kleinmat4103 

Have you ask Opentext/Webroot about their email security through Zix?

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kleinmat4103

John

I haven’t yet. That’s a good idea. Haven’t heard much about it from others. Probably just because it’s new. I think? Is it new?

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

So what features are you looking for? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@kleinmat4103 

It’s new to OpenText/Webroot as they recently acquired this company. They’re calling it Webroot Email Security and it’ll provide email encryption, secure file sharing, email threat protection etc… 

I’d reach out and ask. 

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So what features are you looking for? 

Good question!

• Multi-tenancy is a must
  • Spam/malware filtering
  • User-specific quarantine options
  • Spearphishing detection
  • Email encryption options
  • Outlook/M365 integration
  • Robust options around quarantining/blocking on SPF/DKIM/DMARC + PTR records

I’m sure there’s a few other things I’m not thinking of, but that’s a good start.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@kleinmat4103

It’s new to OpenText/Webroot as they recently acquired this company. They’re calling it Webroot Email Security and it’ll provide email encryption, secure file sharing, email threat protection etc… 

I’d reach out and ask. 

John

Cool! Thanks for the recommendation!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We are looking to change email security providers and am curious what others are using.

We are considering Proofpoint and Mimecast as options, but are open to other suggestions. Anyone love the email security vendor they use?

My company use mimecast. Why? I dunno, they were using it before I started and that’s the one they sell and push to all clients. Seems to do the job but I have no comparison.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kleinmat4103

John

I think I’ll suggest this to the “powers that be” too as certainly worth looking into.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks! Always interesting to see what others are using. Especially if they’re happy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We currently use either Advanced Email Threat Protection via AppRiver (Zix company) or Mimecast.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Two votes each for Mimecast and Zix. Appreciate the input! Would love to hear from more people.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

AppRiver is also OpenText owned now too, so…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Pleased to hear others using Mimecase as it was what the company I work for were already using when I started and I had no say in it. Be good to have a tally of what others use so I can raise them in our next review meeting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We tried our had at Barracuda briefly but found the configuration was a nightmare (probably user error though!!) and it felt like a constant tweaking exercise to get things just right for the client. Experience with both AppRiver and Mimecast been more positive

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ve found that many email security options don’t support centrally managed policies even if they are multi-tenant. It does make things more time-consuming to manage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve found that many email security options don’t support centrally managed policies even if they are multi-tenant. It does make things more time-consuming to manage.

Yes. Can be tough. Can’t understand why they don’t though 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Do let us know what you decide to go with. I am interested in your solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Our company have been using Mimecast for ages. Seems to be working fine, and we have this rolled out at multiple customers across the board. I am in the process of looking into the option through Webroot as well as Acronis Email protection to compare. For me this is a hard one to call, as I really like Webroot range of products, but the same go with Acronis to me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Our company have been using Mimecast for ages. Seems to be working fine, and we have this rolled out at multiple customers across the board. I am in the process of looking into the option through Webroot as well as Acronis Email protection to compare. For me this is a hard one to call, as I really like Webroot range of products, but the same go with Acronis to me. 

Nice to have choice though instead of stuck with a single product not knowing how it compares!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for all the input! Not sure what we’ll end up with, but great to hear what others are doing. I’ll try to remember to post back here once we make a final decision.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, do let us know. Best of luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Recommendations from experience and word of mouth best way to go, good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Recommendations from experience and word of mouth best way to go, good luck!

Yes. You can read things online but hearing it from someone direct is always better