Ever Wonder What a particular file extension is?

• 3 June 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
I came across this website here  http://www.unp.me/f140/file-extensions-a-to-z-36744/  when I was looking up a file extension.   Ever wonder what a file extension means?   I thought I would share this website with all of you.

Thanks,   ?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
A very 'amateur' site...there are many far better ones providing this and even more information on extensions.
Badge +8
Care to share a few with us????

I am always open to new information. :D

Many thanks,
Theresa

Userlevel 7
Just Google "explanation of file extensions" for a set of useful reeference site on this topic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Baldrick,

Thanks for your positive feedback !
Badge +8
@ wrote:
Just Google "explanation of file extensions" for a set of useful reeference site on this topic.
Of course...silly me, yet again. Thank you kind sir.

T
Userlevel 7
No worries...a lot of questions wouldd be better informed through the judicious use of Google or Bing. Havingnsaid  that care still needs to be exercise/common sense applied as there is a lot of rubbish mixed in with the good stuff...so it pays to take time, review a number of articles and draw an overall conclusion before acting on advice...consensus view/approach is generally the 'appropriate' one.

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +8
I couldn't agree more. Every time someone quotes the "internet", I ask them what was the source? The answer:it wsa on the internet!!! Yikes. We have made the World Wide Web a dedicated and credible source of information for a lot of people. Scary. I am with you though. I never got to a website unless know it is safe. The same applies to emails. I never open one if the preview is suspicious. And that's a lot!

Thanks Baldrick.

T