Expired WRSA.exe certificate

My certificate for WRSA.exe says expired 4/3/2021 and is not running in services. How can I get new active certificate?0

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @bwarter 

Can you tell me if your running the Windows or the Mac version? Is it Consumer or the Business version? Also where did you get it from?

No issues here!

Thanks,

Windows 10 fully updated. Not running shown in task mgr and cannot start saying can’t read/execute certificate. Then I went and found wrsa.exe , checked properties, saw certificate and in details can see it including dates. I have other issues including not being able to run backup nor even view the config for it. Open service ticket on that for a month and no help. Webroot has pulled files to no avail. And NO response from them on certificate. Poor help from them. I want refund! Been customer for 5+ years but now it’s garbage. 

clicking install does not update it

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Support is the only way as we can only do so much on the Community.

Try installing the latest over top v9.0.30.75:

https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Sorry,

They know this. Worthless. Said phone me back and never did. Sent me message to phone and make appt. which I already did!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Try installing the latest over top v9.0.30.75:

https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

didn’t work….. again! Do you use the backup feature? if not, try it. Mine broken

I have .75

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Only support can help you. And no I don’t use Back Up & Sync.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

I have submitted ticket and phoned and talked. THEY never give advice or solution

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

We will see if Community Webroot Staffers @khumphrey or @freydrew can help you.

Sorry but I can’t do anymore as I’m just a Volunteer and don’t have any access to Webroot Support Directly. I don’t have any issues on any of my devices so I don’t know what the issue is besides you having issues with Back Up & Sync.

backup/sync not work. scan does

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

backup/sync not work. scan does

Lets see what the Webroot Community Staffers can do for you because I don’t think it’s a certificate issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hey @bwarter , 

Can you message me your email or contact details you gave support? I’ll see if I can speed this up. 

@TripleHelix is right, there isn’t a lot that we can do with your issue here on the community so support is the best channel. 

an expired certificate is a problem. why they have start end dates. Windows 10 error 577: can’t verify digital signature and service stooped. Windows doesn’t like it and assume it’s date. Says signed incorrectly

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

@bwarter I just talked with support and they emailed you back a little while ago asking for more info. It could be in spam. Please check that. 

I’ve asked them to reach out again to you asap as they know that you’re looking for it. 

nope never got. what they want to know?

Got message. Standard message if want help, call 800 number (which I’ve done several times) schedule appointment (which I had one guy said for Joe to call 2 days ago and never did). What they want to know? ASK in email!

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Here’s what they said:

Hello,

To schedule an appointment for one of our Global Escalation Managers to give you a call, please review the hours listed below.

The Webroot Support Global Escalation Team, based in Colorado (USA), and Dublin (Ireland) are typically available 24 hours per day beginning Sunday 5:00 PM MDT (7:00 PM EDT) through Friday 5:00 PM MDT (7:00 PM EDT) every week.

Please choose several times that fall within the hours listed above and include them in a reply to this message; be sure to include the phone number(s) where you can be reached easily, as well.

We will make an appointment to contact you based on the information you provide in your response. You will receive a confirmation of the time scheduled.

Regards,

The Webroot Support Escalation Team

They need to schedule a time to talk with you about the issue. I think it might be more involved than a standard fix which is why they wanted to talk with you on the line.