Solved

External CD Burners

• 30 July 2020
  • 1 reply

This is not a Microsoft problem.  For more than 2 months now I have bought and returned several external CD burners from Amazon.  None of them work properly.  Amazon has taken them back and replaced each with another one.  I have talked to around 12 people/techs during this time.  One person suggested downloading VideoLAN which has created a huge problem.  When I discovered this was a mistake, I uninstalled this from my control panel.  No good.  Every day now I turn on my computer, Slimware Driver Updates appear on two screens.  I can’t get rid of them.  How do I do this?  Any suggestions are welcome. 

Thank you and be safe out there.  All the best, 

1. Wayne
icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 30 July 2020, 22:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Why1001Me 

Sounds like you got your system pretty flubbed up. VideoLAN’s VLC media player should work just fine. So long as you downloaded it from videolan.org and not some other software download site. 

I strongly suggest that you go back to basics and download revouninstaller free from revouninstaller.com and remove all the “free” software packages from your system. Revo will go through the regular uninstall process and then allow you to run a scan for remnants of the programs and delete those as well. 

Slimeware  and all these “driver updater” programs are nothing but crap that’ll mess with things on your system. ONLY get driver updates from MS or from the hardware manufacturer such as HP, Lenovo, Dell, Apple etc 

Best of luck