Facebook Goes Down In Global Outage. Update: It's Back!

Userlevel 7
Facebook Goes Down In Global Outage. Update: It;'s Back!  |  TechCrunch
Posted 4 hours ago by Natasha Lomas (@riptari)

Facebook appears to be a suffering a major international outage this morning, with the site unavailable in multiple regions around the world, including on web and mobile, and Facebook social plug-ins on other websites also acting up.

Full Story »

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well @ what will we do without Facebook? Now I have to go see if it's working! 😉
Userlevel 7
Mine was fine at 6:00 Central Time (US).  Not much of interest on it but it was working ROFL!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yup David mine it still up and running! I do go on that site a lot for family reasons! But I could handle if it did go down! 😉
Userlevel 7
People need to relax about this, you think the world went without power for 30 minutes they way they are talking. Its only facebook! Find another way to post photos of cats :D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
People need to relax about this, you think the world went without power for 30 minutes they way they are talking. Its only facebook! Find another way to post photos of cats :D
LOL!!

Very true. 

While I do know several people for whom Facebook now servers the their primary way to communicate with family and friends (Myself included to be honest.  My family does not call, they Facebook PM, so I do check it a few times a day), it IS just Facebook: phones, email, every other of the inumberable forms of internet communication still work just fine.  In my case, when it is out, I don't worry, as I only check messages a few times a day anyway.  Just come back in a couple hours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It was probably an upgrade to the NSA monitoring software 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Well @ what will we do without Facebook? Now I have to go see if it's working! ;)
I'm not sure @  I tried to check mine, but "#facebook est mort, moi aussi" :p

I remember about 18 years ago, we were all busily at work when one of the main circuit breaker panels went "POP"... it was 11:50AM.  All 'puters were off-line.  At lunch, everyone was commenting that they had never seen the cafeteria that crowded before! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Okay @ what's this mean since everyone knows a different language..sounds French! You say:
I tried to check mine, but "#facebook est mort, moi aussi"
Userlevel 7
roflmao! :D  Well, I *could* say I don't know, but, that would be a lie... so, en anglais s'il vous plaît it means "facebook is dead, me too" 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @ thanks for clarification but it would be like you to say that:

( Well, I *could* say I don't know, but, that would be a lie... ) ROFL. 🙂
Userlevel 6
I didn't even notice that Facebook was offline; just like those outages if Whatsapp ;) 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I didn't even notice that Facebook was offline; just like those outages if Whatsapp ;) 
Whatsapp?  What's that?

😉