File sharing and network discovery

• 28 February 2013
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,
 I have a small problem. My file sharing and network discovery are turned off. When i turn it on, it simply reverts back to off. I have a Vista OS.
The "computer browser" will start then turns off by itself. All the dependencies in the services are turned on.
I have spoke with microsoft and and 3 hours later, they said that there is nothing else to do on their end. They said that it is on the Webroot side.
Does anyone have ideas?
Please help!
Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
HI jmama, welcome to the forums!

Have you tried uninstalling WSA briefly, just to see if file sharing and network discovery work when WSA is not installed?  If it works correctly with WSA removed, re-install and try again.  If that breaks it again, you may want to Submit a Trouble Ticket.

I have looked over  previous posts in here, and did not see anything that appeared to be similiar to your issue.  Perhaps one of the others here or a Webroot Mod will have some ideas as well.
Hi, I seem to have the same problem, did you find a solution?
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I would recommend a clean install of Webroot;

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

BD