Firefox and Chrome Browser Extensions that Check for Heartbleed

• 18 April 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Updated 18. April 2014 - 1:38 by v.laurie
 The Heartbleed bug is a very nasty Internet problem that affects us all. Dealing with it is complex and not clear-cut at this time but one thing that many Internet users want to do is check sites to see which ones might still be subject to the bug.

previous article gave some ways to check sites but a simpler method is now available with new browser extensions for Firefox and for Chrome. How accurate these extensions are I don’t know and they have some other limitations but I still thought it worth pointing them out.

Full Article

This is from a favourite & trusted site, that I frequent alot in relation to technical issues & knowledge, which I thought might be useful for other Community members concerned by the Hearbleed issue.

Regards

Baldrick

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Trend Micro releases free Heartbleed scanners for Android, ChromeApril 18, 2014 – 06:27 by Mike Williams in News
  Trend Micro has announced the availability of two free scanners for the Heartbleed bug.

The first, a Chrome add-on, allows users to enter and check any specific URL.

The second, an Android app, is a little more interesting. It checks whether your device or apps are directly affected by the bug, or whether any installed apps access a cloud service which is still vulnerable.

Full Article

More potentially useful tools in this area...for your delectation. :D