Firefox Browser Update 33.0.2 Oct 28, 2014

• 30 October 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Firefox Notes

Version 33.0.2, first offered to Release channel users on October 28, 2014

Check out "What’s New" and "Known Issues" for this version of Firefox below. As always, you’re encouraged to tell us what you think, or file a bug in Bugzilla. If interested, please see the complete list of changes in this release.
We'd also like to extend a special thank you to all of the new Mozillians who contributed to this release of Firefox!

What’s New

• Fixed33.0.2: Fix a startup crash with some combination of hardware and drivers

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/33.0.2/releasenotes/

Daniel ;)

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Again, thanks...was just about to post the same as I have just gotten the update that has appeared for the portable version available via portableapps.com.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Updated just now. Thanks for the heads up Daniel.:)

EDIT: I can see the speed dial in new page has been changed. It's now in two rows instead of three. Also there is a gear icon at the right top corner. Nice UI improvement.:)
Userlevel 7
I am having a few issues with the Webroot Password Manager 2.5.0 not recognizing logins on a few pages after this latest Firefox update.

I am trying to narrow down the cause, but it seems to be inconsistent. One of the main service portals I use for work has issues with the password manager on Firefox but on Chrome it works fine.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I am having a few issues with the Webroot Password Manager 2.5.0 not recognizing logins on a few pages after this latest Firefox update.

I am trying to narrow down the cause, but it seems to be inconsistent. One of the main service portals I use for work has issues with the password manager on Firefox but on Chrome it works fine.
 Hi Corey!

ODD!  I normally use Chrome, but I will switch to Firefox for the day to see if I see anything odd.  Obviously you should probably throw a Trouble Ticket in to see what Webroot Support does... they might have some debugging needed for things in Firefox after the update.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Hi Corey!

ODD!  I normally use Chrome, but I will switch to Firefox for the day to see if I see anything odd.  Obviously you should probably throw a Trouble Ticket in to see what Webroot Support does... they might have some debugging needed for things in Firefox after the update.
Hi Corey and David!

I use FF most of the time and I'm not having any trouble with Webroot Password Manager after the update.

Soooo ....

Userlevel 7
I think I figured it out. There is a capcha text box on our service portal that is normally hidden until someone enters a wrong password a few times. Chrome was ignoring the hidden text field, but Firefox was not. I edited the password login information to remove the blank capcha field from the login IDs.

Works like a charm now.
Userlevel 7
Nice work 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thanks!

I feel better now knowing that it was something fairly simple.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks!

I feel better now knowing that it was something fairly simple.
Me too!  I always get 'nervous' with browser updates that things will really break... we have seen it often enough in the past.

Actually, I was thinking of having you run the toolbarfix to make sure your Password Manager is at the current correct version.  I have had some problems on my own computer with that extension updating, or the lack thereof.