Solved

Firefox Install

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Firefox fans, :D Trying to download FF and Webroot has blocked the setup.exe. Could it be possible that I have a bad link? Please advise..

Thank You, Sherry

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 5 April 2014, 21:23

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Try this link! https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Thank You!!! Oh boy close call on that setup exe. VD analysis was bad too!! 

Its working..changing browsers...;)

Have a great day!! 
Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Where were you getting it from? If you still have the link send it to me! Always go to products website for all downloads try not to use download.com or others as they add PUA's.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Always go to products website for all downloads try not to use download.com or others as they add PUA's.

Thanks Daniel :D
The big kudo from me, because that is a gospel truth!
One should always remember about it!!

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😉 Yes Good advice..I should know better HUH?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@....Removed link! TH
Daniel, This is the link...hope it helps...bad girl I am!!

Thanks, Sherry

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
😉 Yes Good advice..I should know better HUH?
No, we must all be constantly learning SSherjj...and users learn from folks like we've got here, who are happy and keen to share knowledge and guide others.
As Daniel said, it's always preferable to download from the developer's own website, and even then I still right-click scan every file I download, just as a further check, as on a rare occasion even dev's own server could be hacked temporarily.

These PUAs are becoming more and more common, sadly, and although they're "only" widely regarded as Adware, I'd say they are Universally Unwanted, and there is never one good reason to allow one to install.
Here are a couple of references about Webroot, and PUAs generally:
https:///t5/Ideas-Exchange/Better-Smarter-PUA-detection-quot-PUAs-the-real-problem-quot/idi-p/81227

https:///t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Webroot-s-position-on-PUA/td-p/40362

And I found this little quote about Fusion, just to give a bit more info:
    "FUSION INSTALL is a software publisher located in Kansas City, Missouri in the United States*. The company is a primary distributor of adware type software. Fusion Install (a division of Adknowledge, Inc./OptimumInstaller) is a download manager that typically bundles and repackages 3rd-party and open source software including toolbars and various web browser extensions using the Optimum Installer (Express Install/Download Helper). Fusion installer is owned by Adknowledge, as well as Tiny Installer, and InstallerDotExe"

Glad WSA stepped-in, in a timely fashion, and looking forward to your review. :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's not a good source so get them from the proper sites! And I removed the link!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea added PUA's! https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/fe91f78f976210159877c456b23a5f8b3e39e1435fdc41f81c15ace5dd5b727b/analysis/1396735067/

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Really you removed the link? I want do that!!;)

Thank You for all the help thats what I call teamwork!! Now if I could hurry a post another smiley I'd give you guys a run for your image links..

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😠 How do you know that!! Awesome!! I didn't know that I did..Whoo hoo!! Detective @ ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
😃 Really you removed the link? I want do that!!;)

Thank You for all the help thats what I call teamwork!! Now if I could hurry a post another smiley I'd give you guys a run for your image links..

You put it back any links that are malicious must not be posted that why I ask for you to send it to me! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Dermont7, Great info, I just always think it won't happen to me! Not! Appreciate the info about Fusion. Everything was going so fast I'm surprised I noticed the name.:@ Just love this community and I can't tell you how much all of you have helped me. Kudos to you Dermont7, Mike, TH, and Baldrick just to name a few...

Busy and Fun Saturday!!

Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
😠 How do you know that!! Awesome!! I didn't know that I did..Whoo hoo!! Detective @ ...
I saved the link before I removed it! LOL

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I think these are the privileges and powers of the Community Master ;)
TH rocks! :D

Oh.., for me it's already a little after midnight and therefore I wish you all a good and peaceful night:D

Cheers,

Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well this says it all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
All the kudos goes to the WSA Threat Researchers and Devs, who are protecting us from more and more of these pests!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
:D;):S WOW you are the MAN @ .. You ceratinly are quick and on the ball..Im happy to see you can see my dilema for a totally of 5 minutes? or less.

Thank You as Always! Great POST with pictures no less..:p
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If your unsure about a downloaded file just Right Click on it and scan with WSA from the context menu!

Daniel 😃
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Well this says it all!

Well, this is one of the reasons why I like WSA so much!! :D

And as always, TH presents us great empirical material! :D
Full respect and many thanks to you Daniel! ;)

Best wishes,

Mike