First Beta of MacOS Monterey 12.1 Beta Available for Testing

• 30 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7

Apple has released the first beta version of macOS Monterey 12.1 for Mac users participating in the beta system software testing program.

The beta build presumably focuses on bug fixes and enhancements to the macOS Monterey operating system, and also includes some features that were skipped in the initial release, including SharePlay support.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks for clarification.. I did have 9.4.1.27:1607 and just checked and noticed it looked like it must have updated today and now am seeing 9.5.0.101: 1607….  Hopefully I still should be all set.  

Awesome!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for clarification.. I did have 9.4.1.27:1607 and just checked and noticed it looked like it must have updated today and now am seeing 9.5.0.101: 1607….  Hopefully I still should be all set.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @LchicVT63 

Just to be clear the version is

Consumer Mac Agent Update Version 9.4.1.27

CE 21.4 is the online console build number! Webroot Identity Portal

Userlevel 1

My question was concerning the product release (not the beta release) for Monterey. The prior reply 9 days ago to someone else stated “The latest version of WSA does run on macOS Monterey. “  I thought that was an answer to someone just asking about the Beta release of Monterey so I was wanting clarification if that also meant the latest version of SecureAnywhere CE 21.4 will also run on the product release too?  I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t going to run into any problems like I did when I upgraded to Big Sur last time.  Thanks for you replies. Have a good day.

Userlevel 4

@LchicVT63, if I understand your question correctly, the product should run successfully both on the release of macOS Monterey as well as the previous Monterey Beta releases.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your answer.  I am assuming it doesn’t work for both the beta and the product release for Monterey then, correct?  I was asking about the product one that my Mac is saying is available for installing.

Userlevel 4

The latest version of WSA does run on macOS Monterey. 

Userlevel 7

Will Webroot run on that Beta? 

Good question. I’ll ping @macdonaldj@TylerM they should know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Will Webroot run on that Beta?