Solved

Forum Trouble with Win. XP

Userlevel 7
I have been having trouble with the Webroot Forum loading on my XP computer using IE-8. This has been happening for awhile and it seems the more posts in a thread the longer it takes to load. This happens on both XP machines. I have done all I could, clean cookies / IE / defrag etc. and it's still doing it. I have no problems with FF on the forum. This only happens on the Webroot Forum. Other forums load normal with IE-8.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 20 May 2013, 19:30

View original

73 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Petr have a look here to see what the acronyms mean: http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

Daniel
OMG RUS, UG2BK! tl;dr ISTM TMA.

TFS!

SCNR :D DUNA
Userlevel 7
So, just to get back to the original question, PTD please let me know if this is fixed for you tomorrow around noon (or anytime thereafter). Thanks! 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Where have you been?  :D
Hi Richard, I have been here all the time but I had a little to say ;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
So, just to get back to the original question, PTD please let me know if this is fixed for you tomorrow around noon (or anytime thereafter). Thanks! :)
Looks like the fix didn't work. 😞  It's still slow loading posts with many threads. It loads fast with post with a few threads.  I think it's time to buy a new computer.  :D
Userlevel 7
Actually PTD, that change didn't make it out in Thursday night's push. I had intended to mention that to you and forgot. When we had that downtime Friday morning, it became apparent that some of the stuff I had done Thursday didn't make it out on Friday. We'll be looking at next Wednesday now, but don't give up hope just yet.
Userlevel 7
PTD, let me know if the issue is still occurring please. The change I made went out last night.
Userlevel 7
The issue is still there. It seems to be a little faster than before but still slow loading posts that contain a lot of threads.
I did the F-12 Dev Console and the results were clean.
Userlevel 7
That's not going to be an issue with the forum after all then. Since we cut out that one script that IE slowed down a bit on, which was the only source of any error, we've done what we can do on this end. You could try Chrome or Firefox perhaps?
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim for trying. ;)
Running Firefox without any problems on the website. :D 
This computer was in the April 15th fiasco with MBAM corrupted update definitions. Did the fix that MBAM directed. It seems to have fixed the things that went wrong with the update. Maybe MBAM corrupted something in windows that the fix didn't fix. I'm going to try a reformat in the next few weeks ( just did one before the MBAM fiasco 😠 ). I'll give an update after the reformat.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm finding this site very slow to load today Win 7 FF 21 and it's only this site?

Daniel
Userlevel 7
WinVista SP 1 with Chrome browser is working just fine.. flying in fact.  Odd!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm going to do some of my own tests to see if it's my ISP.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I'm finding this site very slow to load today Win 7 FF 21 and it's only this site?

Daniel
Firefox and Win XP working Fast over here for this website. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea it's my ISP as I have a 45Mbps down and 4Mbps up. 😠 My upload really sucks it reminds me of Dial Up.

Userlevel 7
I know the 'connection speed' listed by an ISP is approximate, and that it can vary a bit.  That 30 Mb down is not great for a rating of 40, but not horrible.  That upload speed though is terrible for an ISP rating of 4Mb!  OUCH.. I think I would be giving them a call about that if it remains that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is strange every time I visit the community I get this window asking for Authentication? Of coruse I don't fill in the info and just close the window. Anyone else seeing this?

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Not me..but I am viewing from mmy phone. When I was at the computer 45 minutes ago I didn't have that.
Userlevel 7
I don't have it either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This is what I'm getting and the page will not fully load unless I do something like close the little window? FF 21 :@

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I checked the address with BrightCloud and it says it's fine. amazonaws.com?

Userlevel 7
I do not believe I have RSS feeds turned on... I do not even know where to locate that setting if there is such, but with the URL containing the reference to RSS might it be something with that specifically causing the issue?

I believe Amazon does a LOT of web hosting for other companies, so it is not a surprise that the RSS feed (if there is one) comes out of them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No problems with Opera or IE10 so I deleted all in FF and it seams fine now.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Weird. o_0 So that's the share button. If that happens again, please let me know.