Galaxy note wifi

• 16 November 2014
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Good evening everyone.  This might seem off subject but you guys seem to know your stuff.  My sister has a Galaxy Tab S, android version 4.4.2.  Earlier  it wouldn't connect to the wifi network.  Went through the normal procedures and finally got it to connect.  So now it showing that its connected to a wifi network but wont load any websites.  Any suggestions?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello AurelioB79,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Can you tell me if you are using Chrome as your browser?

If so you could try this. I'm not an expert but it's worth a try.

Go to your device's Settings menu > Apps or Application manager (this may differ depending on your device).
2. Touch "About Google Chrome".
3. Then touch "Uninstall updates".
This will revert the app back to the default install, temporarily letting you to continue using chrome.

Sorry I can't be much help here but let us know how you are doing and maybe one of our other Forum members can assist!

Best Regards,

Userlevel 1
I appreciate your help but your advice did not work.  It keeps going to https://wifilogin.comcast.net/wifi.  No matter what I type into the search engine or url bar.  Weird.  But thanks anyways.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello,

Are you able to use another Web Browser? Can you use Wifi for your phone to see if it connects to your WiFi. To eliminate thatits your Wifi connection?

You might try looking Here

Sorry I don't have much for you!

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Hi AurelioB79!
Sounds like you're trying to connect to a Hotspot; the page you're getting redirected should show a login form where you first have to enter the credentials of your provider before you can browse the Internet.
Userlevel 1
Thanks everyone, we were able to figure it out.
Userlevel 7
Hi AurelioB79

That is great to hear.  It would also be great if you would gives us osme details of just how you "figured it out" as such information will be very useful to us when it comes to helping users coming here withthe same or a similar problem.

Many thanks in anticpation of your help iin this matter.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello!

You are welcome! That's great that you have things running again.

Have a great day!:D