gmail issues

Userlevel 6
is anybody having trouble with connection to their gmail on their phones the past couple of days?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi jhawley,

i always use my Gmail on my mobile device and can't say I've had any issues what's so ever. If you continue to have problems then you can always go into applications in your settings and uninstall updates to Gmail and that will refresh the app and let it update again.. Or you can uninstall Gmail from the Play Store and then reinstall to see if that helps. I've done this in the past.

Ive never had connection issues though...so the above might not help?

Userlevel 6
thanks i just read that it is pretty much anybody who did the last iphone update
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes somethings those updates are a pain and I find I uninstall them once in awhile! 

And and you are most welcome! 😉
Userlevel 6
how are you liking the Mac update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

IThanks for asking! I am really enjoying the upgrade. The El Capitan seems to run quicker and I do like the email changes tthat the OS has improved on and I haven't had any problems with freezing up or anything of that mannner. I like the wall papper and of course I am always for the new eye candy! :D

Also the free Apple Support is great! So I was told to call them as much as I needed to. Which I have and I've learned a ton of things from Support, LOLs

I did have some problems with my email shutting off when sending a messages or reading emails. I did talk to the the esculated Apple Tech advisor and we ended up rebuilding my email. This Tech was so nice and worked with me for 2 days to make sure everything was running right.

So if you go for it I think you will enjoy the new OS.
Userlevel 6
thanks after hearing some of the problems they were having i was very hesitent but i think i will take the plunge  lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sure thing!

If you have a newer computer then my 2007 then you should have a smoother transition. The onle change I did mention before was the Disk Permissions was changed to First Aid program instead. We no longer have to mess with the Permissions because I was told by Support that it's done in the background or done before any upgrading occurs. So that's the only thing I miss with Yosemite but it'll be nicer for folks that don't want to mess with that sort of utility anyways.;)

Encase you don't like the El Capitan then make sure you have a back up of Yosmite on your Time Machine.. You can look on the Apple Forum for comments and reviews. Or Google it.

Let me know if you take the plunge ok?
Userlevel 6
thanks i will let you know when i do
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi!

I forgot to mention that Apple Support told me in able to run this El Capitan it's best to run the minimum of 4GBs of Ram. The newer Macs are running up to 8GBs. I was only running 3GBs so I orderd more Ram from crucial.com for another 2GB stick. It only cost me 27$. 😉
Userlevel 6
yes well i have the Macbook air 2014 version so i should be good
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes that's awesome! I can't foresee any issues there!