Solved

How can I turn OFF the green check marks?

• 13 August 2020
  • 3 replies

They make it harder to see the icons. Also, I’m currently dealing with a bug that the webroot tech support person showed me is a result of Windows 10 updates (which slaps other things onto the edge of icons), and removing the green check marks will help me research that question better. 

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 14 August 2020, 01:28

View original

3 replies

Here’s what to do:

1. Open the Webroot GUI window by double-clicking on the Webroot icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar
  2. Click “Advanced Settings” (in top right hand corner of GUI window)
  3. Click “Firewall / Web Shield“ in left sidebar menu
  4. Untick “Show Safety Ratings when using Search Engines”
  5. Click “Save” button (at bottom of window)
  6. Enter Captcha characters if prompted to do so

That’s it!

I would personally restore the setting once you have resolved the other problem, as this feature is an important help in flagging websites that provide potential security threats.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @peytontodd 

Can you explain more or even post a sreenshot of your issue? Has it to do with the browser and have you tried other browsers? Are you talking about Desktop Icons?

This is what Muddy was trying to help you deal with.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Also this sounds similar. https://community.webroot.com/community-101-2/how-do-i-get-rid-off-green-check-marks-on-all-desktop-icons-344543

If it is we don’t know what the issue is and I’m not seeing it on my system so it would be best to contact support as @ProTruckDriver suggested. Webroot Customer Service and give them a couple days to respond.