How do I delete cookies when I turn off my pc?

• 23 November 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge
How do I delete cookies when I turn off my pc.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello bi11mitche11, welcome to the Webroot Community!

Cookies will not automatically detete when you turn off the computer, but I think we can help you on HOW to get rid of them.

What browser do you use?

scans indicate i have many cookies    how can i delete them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@mari terbrueggen 

The easiest route of getting rid of cookies on most browsers is ctrl+shift+delete to bring up the deletion of many items related to browser history and cookies. 

Just know that any websites that require you to login that recognize your device as already having logged in will now ask you to log in again. Cookies are not malicious and don’t need to be deleted for safety, but many people like to get rid of them so that shortcut above should help

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@mari terbrueggen

The easiest route of getting rid of cookies on most browsers is ctrl+shift+delete to bring up the deletion of many items related to browser history and cookies. 

Just know that any websites that require you to login that recognize your device as already having logged in will now ask you to log in again. Cookies are not malicious and don’t need to be deleted for safety, but many people like to get rid of them so that shortcut above should help

Wow how did I not know about this shortcut.