How do I put an Wenroot inco or symbol on mu desktop and taskbar for quick start of scan.

• 30 December 2015
  • 6 replies

I must have missed something along the way. I would like to be able to key on icon to start program.  

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please follow the instructions below to add a desktop icon.

1. Open Webroot.
2. Click Advanced Settings in the Top right.
3. The first option on the left is for Install Setting and you should see a checkbox that says "Show a shortcut on the desktop"
4. Check that box and click "Save" and the icon should now be visible.

The check mark does not work for desk top.
I do not see an advanced setting on this page and I am not sure if this is the page to open? I checked shortcut and it did not work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello k0aws1,

To make sure that WSA is configured to display it; click on Advanced Settings in the top right hand corner of the WSA main panel, and from the next panel displayed locate the 'Show a system tray icon' option and if unchecked/unticked then check/tick it, and press 'Save', enter the CAPTCHA code requested and then 'OK', and that should be it.  If the option is already checked/ticked then uncheck/untick it, press 'Save', enter the CAPTCHA code requested and then 'OK'...and then immediately check/tick the option, and then press 'Save'...some times one has to go through that last stage to get it to display.

When  I try  to bring up Webroot by entering Webroot all I get are sales adds, not a start page that I thought it might be. The check still does work for leaving an icon on desk top, so I must be in the wrong place.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi k0aws1,

Sorry that you are having trouble. Can you go into your Start menu in Windows to the left lower corner..Click Start/All Programs/Webroot/ . Can you open Webroot from there? Is Webroot listed in All Programs?